Quake: Nexus Aftermath - /me casts Resurrection

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Re: Quake: Nexus Aftermath

Post by Ghastly »

Nah, we already have all the weapons and monsters done. I just forgot to add the script before the initial demo's release. The Gauntlet is a model rip from Quake 4.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

Oh, I just thought that having an actual 2-D sprite would be more convenient than a rip, but cool!
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Model rip in DooM modding terms means images made from a model.

So it is 2D. :D
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

I know what a model rip is. I just know from past experience that model rips don't always look as good as homemade sprites, unless you spend a while perfecting them.
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

Well, every sprite in here are model rips, and they look fairly great...
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

MG_Man wrote:they look fairly great...
Heh, some don't, but those have been re-ripped. Team-colored projectiles are done, but won't fully be in the next version because they don't work work Skulltag's teams in 97d2-RC3 (though they will in the next version, so I'll add it in, then).

I hope team-color projectiles are used by other Skulltag modders. It really adds to the quality and it's annoying seeing a ton of plasma rushing past and not knowing if it's an ally's or enemy's :P.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

In the interest of generating a bit more interest (I found this towards the bottom of the second page...), some of the decorate achievements in this mod are:
  • Network Guardian alternates between walking and flying (yes, it jumps off the ground).
  • Infiltrator monster has three AI modes (mostly subtle changes) that it cycles between randomly and depending on certain variables, like remaining health, distance from target and whether it's in-sight. (91 lines for mode-switching alone)
  • Revivable corpse decorations. Just place them in the editor and they can be revived in-game.
  • Real, working medic gun (still suffers from a few small quirks, though)
  • A real, working silencer powerup that's more useful than the Quake 2 version. For certain weapons, it quiets the weapon's sound and doesn't alert monsters for 10 shots.
  • ACS-activated states. Mappers could make a script to have a Grunt jump over a short gap, or have it jump down from a ledge (with a landing animation at the end).
So, anyone want to help map for this...?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Demo 2 finished and added to first post.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Ghastly: I got the demo, but when I start it up, I get a message in ZDoom(EXECUTION COULD NOT CONTINUE) Script error, "Actors/Weapons/QBFG10k.txt" line 12:
"Weapon.NoLMS" is an unknown flag

Has this happened to you? Is there a fix?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

The latest ZDoom revision doesn't have that problem, but ZDoom 2.2.0 does (Graf added a dummy flag for that after 2.2.0).

That flag, by the way, prevents the BFG and DMG from being automatically given to players in Last Man Standing mode, by the way :P.
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

So, where can I get this revision? I went on the ZDoom site to the Downloads section, but I couldn't find anything...
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Blade3327

Re: Quake: Nexus Aftermath - Needs mappers

Post by Blade3327 »

@Unknown Assasin: Thanks, man!

@Ghastly: I tried out your game! Very cool... If I walked into a room and someone was playing Nexus Aftermath, I'd swear it was actually Quake 2! XD

However, I think that including both Quake 2 and Quake 4 elements might not work too well in the long run. That's just my opinion.

Cheers on staying true to the look and feel of Quake 2, though! :cheers:
ALIENwolve

Post by ALIENwolve »

Enforcers seem to be quite useless because their pain state is easily invoked while they're preparing to fire for like... five seconds.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

Nice project, but models would look good for a few things, like a barrel, or items.
Nice rips though, seen some good and bad.

Very Quake 2ish, loved the titlemap.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”