[FAIL] 3: "HELLDOOM"

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.

[FAIL] 3: "HELLDOOM"

Postby Xaser » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:36 pm

Happy 4th, everybody! And Happy Birthday, America!

Anyhow, I figured I'd celebrate by announcing my own "independence" from three old, dead projects of mine. And what better way to celebrate a wad than to share it with the world?

Introducing the final, Part 3 of my "Fail" releases: "HELLDOOM"

I advertised this one like crazy, and simply couldn't stop myself from mentioning it any chance I could get. Oh, yeah, it was gonna be huge: 30 weapons, tooons of enemies, 50+ maps, and the most insane gameplay this side of Kansas.
And then, as soon as I had started on it, I stopped.
In retrospect, it was certainly far too ambitious and even the "LSD-driven" gameplay style simply didn't do much to justify its completion. Still, it's worth a look at least for its zaniness: dual auto-shotguns, glass shard throwers, "demon shitters", hellfire enemies, and pumped-up arenas full of even more pumped-up baddies.
Anyone who's played Zen will recognize most of the maps -- I ripped 'em from here at first, which later contributed to HELLDOOM's eventual demise (since most of all the good maps were 'done' already, why bother?)
Give it a whirl if wacky gameplay is your sort of thing. You'll get a kick out of HELLDOOM's over-the-top style, but don't be surprised if your fun comes to a sudden end: The wad is, and always will be, very, very unfinished. ;P

Screenies, for justice:
ImageImageImageImage

What are ya waiting for? Nab HELLDOOM now and get the most fun out of a failure as you possibly can!

Have fun, and FAIL your heart out, folks!
and HAPPEY BURFDAY UHMERICKA!!
Last edited by Xaser on Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaser
anarchivist

Re: [FAIL] 3: "HELLDOOM"

Postby Bashe » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:56 pm

Part 3? What about parts 1 and 2? I've been out of the loop for a while, forgive me.
Bashe
boof

Postby XutaWoo » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:33 pm

Hey, how should I load this? The dual shotguns don't seem to work right, and I doubt that that thing is really a chaingun.
XutaWoo
one day when going to see the rabbit, there was a previous visitor ...

Postby esselfortium » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Bashe wrote:Part 3? What about parts 1 and 2? I've been out of the loop for a while, forgive me.

Look a few threads down ;)
esselfortium

Postby leileilol » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:46 pm

WOW I'M IN HELL!
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Kate » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:18 am

I like how you have "Stayin' Alive" as the background music for the refinery. I couldn't help but crack up at that.
Kate
... in loving memory ...

Postby NewTiberian » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:03 am

so im sitting there at the beginning of E1M1, hit the button, and go to the elevator waiting for it.....

rather unexpected :lol:
NewTiberian

Postby leileilol » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:01 am

weapon 8 is the best
leileilol
ダークエルフ!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Jimmy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:18 am

Ooh, I like. :D Playing through those old versions of Zen Dynamics brings back vivid memories...Wait, shouldn't it be the other way around? :P I still hate that cramped-as-hell maze that you used in the Core Zero map, by the way. :mad:

Some of the weapons appear slightly broken, though...I should be running it with another .deh patch, shouldn't I... (or just running the batch file in the zip)?

Seeing how this is a project "failure" as you've put it and some of these maps are incomplete/less than your standard, would you mind me putting that Insanity Stadium map to some other use? Some of these other maps look like they could be "recycled" and deserve a firm spot in TcA. :)
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Wills » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Haha, I remember this. You were quite excited and eager to tell people. :P
Wills

Postby Unknown_Assassin » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:40 pm

Out of curiosity, why didn't you put all failed project parts together? Wouldn't it be better that way?

EDIT: I played this; I'm stuck on HEL_E1M4. The fist was very blinding to me. :trippy:
Unknown_Assassin
Bow down to the Protoss Race!!

Postby demonoftorment » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't think this was much of a failure... In fact, I took a couple of screenies of this game.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
demonoftorment
Worship me and I will be merciful. Oppress me and you will suffer forever.

Postby BlackRabite » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:27 pm

THRRRRREAD N-N-N-N-NECROMANCYYYY
BlackRabite
Banned User

Postby TheDarkArchon » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:36 pm

demonoftorment wrote:I don't think this was much of a failure... In fact, I took a couple of screenies of this game.

It wasn't finished, hence a failure. Also, read the last post date.
TheDarkArchon
OUT!

Postby DavidB1000 » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:28 pm

Sorry the other style of thread necromancy, but I don't know what version of Zdoom to run this in? I tried to run it with the current one, and it gave a bunch of error about **** not a weapon, failed to add weapon to slot, and other this weapon is not a weapon errors.

What should I do here? Besides be laughed at.
DavidB1000
I need Scissors! 61!

Next

Return to Abandoned/Dead Projects