KEYCONF problem

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Mighty Duck X-treme

KEYCONF problem

Post by Mighty Duck X-treme »

When I set the weaponsection to replace the fist with the one using this KEYCONF I am using:
  • weaponsection replaceweapons
    setslot/addslotdefault 1 FWeapFist
    setslot/addslotdefault 8 Chainsaw

I am unable to select the fist, and using the IDFA cheat was the only way I could obtain it. If the user runs out of ammo, ZDoom might crash if IDFA isn't entered.

ZooM had the same problem as well.

*NOTE* I have e-mailed randy this with my old e-mail account that will soon become invalid by mistake. I also have to leave now and I will be unavalible until later this afternoon.
Last edited by Mighty Duck X-treme on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

You also need to give the player that weapon. They don't get it automatically just because it's in slot 1.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Is there a way I can get the player to start with that weapon?
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Code: Select all

script 234 enter
{
    GiveInventory ("FWeapFist", 1);
}
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Enter? Was not that
script 234 OPEN {....}?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

There are two types of script that are automatically run at startup, OPEN and ENTER.

OPEN scripts are run by the world, and if they contain player specific stuff, may not do what you want.

ENTER scripts are run by the player as they enter the level, and doing some things - like giving a player a weapon are better done via enter scripts.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Okay, I'm very confused on how to use this script and I'm also having trouble looking for clues on how to convert it into a LUMP so I can insert it into the wad using Wintex or XWE.

Help :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Your script is written as a text file, then compiled into a lump using ACC ( http://zdoom.org/files/utils/ ). A good level editor will run ACC for you, compile the script and be able to save it into your WAD. I use DeePSea for this, I know WadAuthor does it, and I assume Zeth does.

Rather than explain everything here, you may find this section of the tutorials useful... http://zdoom.org/zdkb/scriptprimer.html
Mighty Duck X-treme

Okay. An hour ago, I've managed to compile my .acs to an object file.

But I can't make it into the lump file because the ACS tutorials didn't explain any examples of which command-line to use.

Just so you know, I had been working on an experimental wad on how the effect of the Hexen Fighter's fist would work for the Doomguy. I used the PUNGD0 frame (based from the Press-Release version of Doom) as FPCHE, and I included a new sound (GNTMIS1; I thought it would be used when the player effectively tries to hit an enemy with a third consecutive punch, but it didn't work.) It appears to work very well, except that the punch is more powerful than the normal Doom fist (So expect the Barons of Hell to run the fuck like hell when you have a berserk pack... O_o)

*WAD REMOVED: EXPERIMENT FAILED*
Last edited by Mighty Duck X-treme on Wed Jul 23, 2003 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Biff

Post by Biff »

If you compiled the script with acc.exe, the object file is done. It's the filename.o file which acc created. Now, you just have to put that .o file into the wad with a tool like DeePsea, Wintex or XWE. (Uh, edit again. The behavior lump is created by putting the .o file into the wad and naming it "behavior". Depending on what tool you are using, we can tell you the steps.) If you use WadAuthor, you can compile and save the .o file automatically from within WA. Right click on void space and you'll see a "scripts" menu selection. Paste the text script into the editor which opens, then hit the "compile" button. Save the wad. If there are compiling problems, you may need to update the acc.exe and associated files (zdefs, zcommon, etc.) in the WA directory because the acc.exe which ships with WA is not up to date with all zdoom features.

Edit...it's quite possible that the berserk pack will not have an effect on the Hexen fist.
Mighty Duck X-treme

Thank you, but unfortunately, I STILL cannot get the script to work right Image

Therefore, I removed the wad and declare the test as *Fail*.
Last edited by Mighty Duck X-treme on Thu Jul 24, 2003 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
randomlag

Post by randomlag »

Biff wrote:If you compiled the script with acc.exe, the object file is done. It's the filename.o file which acc created. Now, you just have to put that .o file into the wad with a tool like DeePsea, Wintex or XWE. (Uh, edit again. The behavior lump is created by putting the .o file into the wad and naming it "behavior". Depending on what tool you are using, we can tell you the steps.)
DeePsea will not let you rename or use a lump called BEHAVIOR directly since that's the name used to tell if it's a HEXEN format level (and thus can create editor havoc).

It's just edit, compile and save similar to WA, except each of these steps can be automatic or individually controlled.

Don't know about the Wintex or XWE - since there's lots of things either of these let you do that should not be allowed - like deleting a level control lump - which will mess up a level big time

From what duck said, sounds like he may not even be in the right level format? Let's see what editor he is using :wink:
Mighty Duck X-treme

randomlag wrote:From what duck said, sounds like he may not even be in the right level format? Let's see what editor he is using
  • Deepsea 11.2 (I dislike WadAuthor)
    Wintex 5.0
    XWE 1.11
Need I say more? Image

*Man, this chicken's delicious*
Last edited by Mighty Duck X-treme on Wed Jul 23, 2003 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Biff

Post by Biff »

OK, you're good to go except I'm not sure what DeePsea 11.2 lacks for zdoom. What randomlag referred to was that for scripts to work and zdoom to recognize the behavior lump, the wad has to be in "zdoom-hexen" format. You have to select this project (zdoom-hexen) in the current versions of DeePsea.

You'll also need the doom2.wad file, altered into zdoom-hexen format, for editing resource reference. The usual is to use zwadconv.exe on doom2.wad, to create another wad file by another name, your choice, and point the editor to that file as the base for the project. WA needs that, DeePsea as well. Zwadconv.exe is on the site in downloads, editing utils. You can alter any doom wad into zdoom-hexen format if it's not already, or can start editing in that format from scratch.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Mighty Duck X-treme wrote:I believe this thread needs to be moved to Editing
Done

Return to “Editing (Archive)”