PlayStation Doom TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
2005 FY9

Re: PlayStation Doom TC

Post by 2005 FY9 »

-Weapon Numbers match those of PSX version (Super Shotgun=4, Chaingun=5, Rocket Launcher=6, Plasma Gun=7, BFG=8)
Actually I would like the old way better:

1 = Fist/Chainsaw
2 = Pistol
3 = Shotgun/Super_Shotgun
4 = Chaingun
5 = Rocket_Launcher
6 = Plasma_Cannon
7 = BFG900
8= Super_Shotgun or Chainsaw only ???

Also, I think you should raise the lighting a little on some of the sectors, not too much, but its too much on the dark side.

PS: Anyway to edit these maps? I would like to make a slightly modified version, or is that wrong?
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

2005 FY9 wrote:
-Weapon Numbers match those of PSX version (Super Shotgun=4, Chaingun=5, Rocket Launcher=6, Plasma Gun=7, BFG=8)
Actually I would like the old way better:

1 = Fist/Chainsaw
2 = Pistol
3 = Shotgun/Super_Shotgun
4 = Chaingun
5 = Rocket_Launcher
6 = Plasma_Cannon
7 = BFG900
8= Super_Shotgun or Chainsaw only ???
I plan to leave it the way it was on PlayStation.

2005 FY9 wrote:Also, I think you should raise the lighting a little on some of the sectors, not too much, but its too much on the dark side.
Let me answer with a previous quote:
fenderc01 wrote:Another issue I would like to address is for people that are experiencing maps that are darker than desirable. Open the console by pressing ~ and type in gl_light_ambient and then press enter. This will tell you the current value of the ambient lighting. Change it to something higher by typing gl_light_ambient xxx where xxx is a numeric value. Experiment with this until you are at the desired light level. If you are running the TC with the batch file I supplied, then you will need to edit the file called PSXTC.CFG to make the change permanent.
Last edited by fenderc01 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peanut

Post by Peanut »

Nice mod! Brings back memories. Now all it needs is a bad FPS rate. :P
Ceeb

Post by Ceeb »

nightmare93 wrote:Nice mod! Brings back memories. Now all it needs is a bad FPS rate. :P
I believe you're thinking of Final Doom for the PS1. Still fun, but lag lag lag.
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

it's weird/lame that they couldn't abandon all the colorful lights and other extra effects in favor of more faithful pc->psx coversion that wouldn't LAG so much and miss so many great levels/enemies... it's kind of hard to believe than 1994 486s were more powerful than PSX... but again if it was done that way there would be no PSX Doom for pc ;)
2005 FY9

Post by 2005 FY9 »

Are you going to make a TC for PSX Final Doom, at least the exclusives?
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

2005 FY9 wrote:Are you going to make a TC for PSX Final Doom, at least the exclusives?
it had exclusives? i thought it was a mix of of tnt, plutonia and master levels for DOOM2... anyway, read back:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 05#p377913
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Gendo wrote:
2005 FY9 wrote:Are you going to make a TC for PSX Final Doom, at least the exclusives?
it had exclusives? i thought it was a mix of of tnt, plutonia and master levels for DOOM2... anyway, read back:

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 05#p377913
There were no exclusive levels for the PlayStation version of Final Doom.
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

thanks for clarification :)
fenderc01

Post by fenderc01 »

Here is another tool from Kaiser that I used to make the TC:
PSXMAKE.zip
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

btw, would anyone here be interested in coop/dm extension to PSX Doom TC? i think it would be fun to test this (slightly different) game behavior in multiplayer games :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

I finally discovered WHY my bandwidth usage has rocketed sky high. It's me hosting the music for this! I'm sorry to say I can no longer host this. However, it seems the mediafire link still works so I'll link to that.

If you still need a permanent host the only thing I can recommend is ask drdteam if they'll host it for you.
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

would be good indeed if it was hosted at some place that can take so much traffic, mediafire links no longer work either :/
Gez

Post by Gez »

What about getting the music hosted at the Doom Depot? They've got a version of it already anyway. (Of course, the site hasn't been updated for three years, so...)
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

imo the best idea would be to host the full version (the one packed with the .bat file) first, and yeah, DD is rather dead to me.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”