[Pogostick] 0.9 Online! | Where are your contributions!? :(

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: [Pogostick] 0.75 Online! + Mapping Tutorial | New Classes?!

Post by Enjay »

Phobus wrote:I can't get the player to turn around and I find the control scheme a little difficult at times (I keep having to jump over enemies backwards in order to shoot them and thta sort of thing).
You should be able to activate double binds. Check the config menu. With double binds enabled, a double-tap of the key that makes you walk backwards will reverse your direction. I found it quite easy to get used to.
Phobus

Re: [Pogostick] 0.75 Online! + Mapping Tutorial | New Classes?!

Post by Phobus »

And indeed you're right! Using that, and having autoaim on 100% finally let me beat T667's map (with a bit of effort).
Tormentor667

Re: [Pogostick] 0.8 Online! | Time to Contribute!

Post by Tormentor667 »

New version is online and now it's the best time to contribute something :) I am eagerly waiting for new classes and maps :) See start post for more info!
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

i wish i could contribute. but u put that deadline curse on me :/ (zpack) so i dont have time :P
MG_Man

Post by MG_Man »

I'll be glad to contribute classes, as well as mabye some graphics *I have a decent Doomguy idle image in mind.*
But I'll need a few ideas first.
phi108

Post by phi108 »

Ha, I finished ripping all idle Keen frames and made them into XWE bmp format, and then I saw you already did them in the new version :^V
At least I didn't get to wasting time with offsets and figuring out the code. It was probably really easy for you, Torm, but it would have taken me awhile.

Prepare for MORE DOS HEROES!
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

I submitted two but... heh... that one is probably taxing to work on since it requires some very advanced scripting that I just can't do.

EDIT: The latest version rocks, I can finally turn around, but I have a new problem. Couldn't switch playerclass to Keens. Dunno what to do about that.
Gez

Post by Gez »

MG_Man wrote:I'll be glad to contribute classes, as well as mabye some graphics *I have a decent Doomguy idle image in mind.*
But I'll need a few ideas first.
Maybe a crouching still (can't say "standing still" while crouching, can I?) sprite for Doomguy? He turns invisible...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Gez - What do you actually mean?! ... you are actually not supposed to crouch at all :( How do I deactivate crouching with MAPINFO at all?

@phi - Yeah, get me some more classic PC platform heroes :) I really would like to see other classics from Apogee or Epic Megagames :)

@MG_Man - Glad to hear that :) The more, the better :)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Gez - What do you actually mean?! ... you are actually not supposed to crouch at all :(
Well, I did, by accident. I use a small USB numeric keypad to play, as my laptop's keyboard isn't very practical for games, and I had the bright idea of simply rotating it 90 degrees to play Pogostick. Of course, while I was somewhat able to control the character correctly, I tended to hit keys accidentally (should have gone from a 8456 to a 4258 scheme). Until I hit the same key twice and then I completely lost control of what was happening with the automatic rebinds. :)
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

While it's not exactly DOS, I was thinking that Megaman or Gunstar Heroes would maybe fit.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Gez - What do you actually mean?! ... you are actually not supposed to crouch at all :( How do I deactivate crouching with MAPINFO at all?
Type in 'nocrouch' in the MAPINFO.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Although, a vent crawl might be a neat feature to put in a level.
Skunk

Post by Skunk »

Oooh good idea!
SyntherAugustus

Post by SyntherAugustus »

Would be interesting to see if something like this was done for Hexen.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”