Change rocket particle trail

Archive of the old editing forum
Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. This forum is archived - please use this set of forums to ask new questions.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Change rocket particle trail

Post by Hirogen2 »

Hi,

is it possible to change the rocket particle trail to let it generate arbitrary sprites, such as when the Undead Warriors from Heretic throw their [red] arrows, (they bleed).
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

Hirogen2 wrote:is it possible to change the rocket particle trail to let it generate arbitrary sprites, such as when the Undead Warriors from Heretic throw their [red] arrows, (they bleed)?
I don't think you can change the particle trail, but you can have it create a bullet puff trail by assigning the "Tracer" code pointer to the rocket's idle frame(114) using deh or bex.

NOTE: The Red Axes really are bleeding if you didn't notice that...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Destroyer wrote:NOTE: The Red Axes really are bleeding if you didn't notice that...
And it is genuinely producing blood splat items. If you have hacked the blood splat to lie around for a long time, or to make a "body hit" noise as I have it becomes very obvious. When you spawn a Heretic knight into a doom game, the axes fly through the air dropping a trail of blood that lies on the floor and makes a splattering noise as it goes. 8-)
timmie

Post by timmie »

Hmm, you can change the sprite image in ZDoomGL. It uses an alpha patch called "GLPART", I think. Open up zdoomgl.wad and it should be the only thing in it :) The patch is the same format as the blood and scorch decals on the walls.

I'm probably going to be changing the texture for the particles from a patch to an actual texture, though, so it can be animated.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Destroyer wrote:
Hirogen2 wrote:...(they bleed)?
NOTE: The Red Axes really are bleeding if you didn't notice that...
That's what I said?
Dammit I can't remember the reason I needed this for :cry:

Return to “Editing (Archive)”