Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Dulle

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Doom 3 monsters in Doom 2

Post by Dulle »

@Ghastly Dragon : Dude,I really kill myself if I don't get the wraith! Ok,dude...shortly:
Is the monster pack including the wraith done?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

@Vegeta: Excellent! I was, actually, going to ask you to make the Machinegun ZSec helmet, but I never got around to it :lol:. The finished Machinegun ZSec would look a lot better if it had a different gun than the standard Doomguy/Zombieman rifle, but I doubt we'll find an SMG marine any time soon.

@Blade: The basic Zombie Civilian isn't really final yet, so you probably shouldn't make any edits of it, at the moment. I put the sprites in a wad, and Toenail remarked that it walked like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons, among other small problems, so I think he's still working on it.

@Dulle: Almost, after I finish up the Shotgun ZSec (should be done by the end of the weekend) and finish one more monster, I'll release a beta, though I don't think these monsters should be used until they're all done, since I'm constantly making small changes.

@Anyone: Should I include the Revenant in the beta, even though it has no sprites (uses normal Doom 2 sprites, at the moment)?
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

What do you think about this
http://img136.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pla2a1rz3.gif
The gun is supposed to be the machinegun.

Once I see Euro online I'll ask him for the sprites of the skin he was working on, with some editings I think it could make an optional head for the Machinegun z-sec.

I dunno about the Revenant, if it has a new behavior and sounds then yes, I'd add first new rockets though, so it gets farther of the DOOM 2 monster.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

The Strife gun looks more like a pistol than a machinegun, actually.

Also, the D3 Revenant's decorate and sounds are done and (thanks to Captain Toenail) it has newly sprited rockets. I haven't gotten around to making it customizable by a map author, though (argument 1 makes it stand still, argument 2 disables the idle sound, etc.).
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@Vegeta: I'd say some slight 'n' subtle recoloring would do the trick. That's actually a pretty cool look-a-like.

@Ghastly: If this is JUST aresource pack, why include a Revenant if he doesn't have any sprites? If you're making levels for it, go right ahead! I don't have any D3 sprites for the Revenant in my WAD, but since he looks D3-ish enough, I'm still using him anyway.
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

Here's Euro skin I talked about. I want to post it as alone may be a base for the Z-sec or something. With the visor colored, and perhaps the helmet turned darker perhaps it'd make a good Z-sec head.
http://www.mediafire.com/?knemzi4u5mv
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Blade3327 wrote:@Ghastly: If this is JUST aresource pack, why include a Revenant if he doesn't have any sprites? If you're making levels for it, go right ahead! I don't have any D3 sprites for the Revenant in my WAD, but since he looks D3-ish enough, I'm still using him anyway.
For the public beta, to get people's opinion on things that should be changed and to see how close it is. The beta, by the way, should only be used to test out the monsters and shouldn't be used for other people's projects because I make so many changes.

@Vegeta: The helmet you posted earlier is perfect for the Machinegun and Shield ZSecs, and that's pretty much the last ZSec head needed. That is a really good skin, by the way :D.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

I say go for it and release a beta as soon as possible, just give the Revenant some glowing green eyes for the time-being and hope someone makes a full set
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:Here's Euro skin I talked about. I want to post it as alone may be a base for the Z-sec or something. With the visor colored, and perhaps the helmet turned darker perhaps it'd make a good Z-sec head.
http://www.mediafire.com/?knemzi4u5mv
The visor can recolor to brown...otherwise good base to machinegun and shield zsec.
Dulle

Post by Dulle »

Hey wake up dudes! Actually I did this post only for resurrect. :D
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Dulle wrote:Hey wake up dudes! Actually I did this post only for resurrect. :D
It only has been one day....

Bumping a thread just for the sake of bumping, when there is nothing constructive about the post is frowned upon.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:Bumping a thread just for the sake of bumping, when there is nothing constructive about the post is frowned upon.
shortly: bumping threads like that IS NOT GOOD! oh dulle you naughty boy, to the naughty step imidiatley
Sergeant Railgun

Post by Sergeant Railgun »

i got some TICK sprites from my friend.
tell your email in PM and i send it if you want
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

You could upload them to a site like ZShare, Megaupload or Badongo and post the link here, rather than e-mailing it.
2005 FY9

Post by 2005 FY9 »

The Doom 3 Mancubus would work great as a graphics replacement for the Hectebus (big black version). Likewise, the chainsaw guy could replace the old chainsaw guy graphics.

Return to “Resources”