Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Vader

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Beta released. First post

Post by Vader »

Nice work, but both pistol zombies definitely need a skin color adjustment to match the others, wich are IMO much more accurate to the originals!
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:PrznDoom: I think just a shield, with rotations and some sprites of it hitting the ground (like the Hell Warrior's death sequence) would be good, for now. Then I can put the Machinegun ZSec head on the Pistol ZSec body and someone can put the shield on.
wait, what?....oh! My shield Zsec already had that hand sticking out and i was to lazy to crop the MG to the Pistol Zsec. The shield itself, is what i worked on, and detailed it to match it near the game , cut it in half so that middle isn't shaded correctly (its not doomy yet, I worked on a side project with this.) no blood on it right? The size is about that(okay needs to be a bit smaller) right, no good screens, only fuzzy jpeg quality or blur.

I think i need to flip it because of those 2 holes? any good pics of the shield?
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

One hole, no blood. I'd love to see the front-angle sprite, as soon as it's done. :D
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

AHHH!!! I get it now, wow theirs glass on the top?

hurm....lol not a bad try though close! okay i got it!
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

I think the glass on the top could either be done with just an outline on the top, or it could be left out entirely. Like Vegeta said a while ago, a detail that would make it harder to work with, or ruins the quality of a sprite should just be left out.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

True, i got some glass sprites saved

...K man ill post them soon, this isn't as complex as an imp or bruiser!
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Now,when I had some spare time,I made these for stratch :
ZSec.PNG
ZSec.PNG (20.07 KiB) Viewed 757 times
There's two new death frames and one crouch attack for pistol z-sec. :D
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

The crouching sprites and the second alternate death look interesting (Don't know how I'd implement the crouching sprites, since you can't manipulate height and radius in-game, though, but it's good to have), but the second sprite of the first death (like the usual zombie one) looks a little odd, for some reason.
Gez

Post by Gez »

The death frames where he falls to the side is weird because the first movement is towards his back and left, then he turns around and falls to his right.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Gez wrote:The death frames where he falls to the side is weird because the first movement is towards his back and left, then he turns around and falls to his right.
thought of this too, but if u just delete the first frame itl be ok :)
Xim

Post by Xim »

Ghastly_dragon wrote:The crouching sprites and the second alternate death look interesting (Don't know how I'd implement the crouching sprites, since you can't manipulate height and radius in-game, though, but it's good to have), but the second sprite of the first death (like the usual zombie one) looks a little odd, for some reason.
Maybe have the zombie morph into a crouching zombie for the crouch attack. Or would that cause health resetting problems?
Lolo_is_cool

Post by Lolo_is_cool »

Mr.Green wrote:Zsec
The arms in some sprites are a bit too long.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Xim wrote:Maybe have the zombie morph into a crouching zombie for the crouch attack. Or would that cause health resetting problems?
It would, and dynamically spawning other actors like that wouldn't work well. If you were standing on top of it (rare, but I've done that to fist-kill super shotgun zombies before, since they can't hit you like that), it wouldn't spawn the standing version again.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Well, you don't need to change the height, really. It'll still make them a bit harder to see (especially in environments such as crate mazes), and that's enough of an advantage.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Yeah, and the variation and authenticity in-general help, even if there's no major changes. Maybe I'll do increased accuracy, when it's crouching, so there's something.

@Mr.Green: Would you be willing to make a crouching pain frame, as well?

Return to “Resources”