Reincarnation of Evil - Remaking Doom 3/4 Content in 2

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!
Blade3327

Re: RoE Monster Pack - Beta released. First post

Post by Blade3327 »

@PrznDoom & Everyone: Sweet, man. Remember: the same thing you do with the legs, you need to do with the hands (keep the Spidey picture in mind). Remember that edit of Vader's Pinky I did a while ago? I think that would provide a better base. Plus, he gave me the rest of his work on it. I added some stuff to this (hopefully) familiar image.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

If you could finish it in the same style as the sprites Vader finished, go ahead :). I just remembered, though, I have to dive in and rip the sounds, for it, lol.

Also, if you need help with the details, I took screenshots of all the monsters, and put them in this thread: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21245.
TheCreativeGuy

Post by TheCreativeGuy »

Blade3327 wrote:@PrznDoom & Everyone: Sweet, man. Remember: the same thing you do with the legs, you need to do with the hands (keep the Spidey picture in mind). Remember that edit of Vader's Pinky I did a while ago? I think that would provide a better base. Plus, he gave me the rest of his work on it. I added some stuff to this (hopefully) familiar image.
Something just doesn't look right. Try adding some blood around the connecting area of the demon and the mech legs. Other than that, :thumb:
EDIT: Some MORE blood. Just saw the blood. :ugeek:
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

przndoom wrote:
Imp Hunter wrote:Nice ass...i mean, nice sprite
lol dat ass 8-)
Gez wrote:The legs look very wrong, they're shorter than the arms...
It supose to be long by perspective, like its its bending out wards not inwards towards its body, which looks short since its almost facing towards you.
TheCreativeGuy wrote:
Gez wrote:The legs look very wrong, they're shorter than the arms...
He's right. First thing that came to mind was "Midget imp!" :)
LOL, JK. It looks a lot better now.
Thanks, lol
here what it looks like, if the legs are close to the body, I could find a middle ground, that might fit better.
Leapfrog.PNG

el bump-o
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Hah, thanks to Xim, I finally have a good base with which to start the Machinegun ZSec. Along with the helmet Vegeta whipped up, it should look great. :D

It'll take me a few days, though.
Xim

Post by Xim »

Yay! I helped! :D
Blade3327

Post by Blade3327 »

@TheCreativeGuy: That's actually a pretty sweet idea. I dunno why I didn't put some more blood there. Huh. I'll work some more on it and post a new picture.

P.S.: For some reason, reading what I just wrote sounded sarcastic. If it did (for some reason; I dunno why I thought it did), I meant nothing :) .
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

Hey, Ghastly, sorry I'm slacking on the blood for zsec shotgunned.
I don't know why, but I feel like doing the blood should be last, like when all the other detail is blacken and put together...
I'm more than happy to put the blood for anything , but I think it would be harder to work with if i put the blood spray, then go back to fix the colorization and etc.

(on the side note, thanks to those sprites, i have been getting some good practice.)

Sometimes I wish I had a team of clones of me...so many idea and visions on how "X" should be like, and I'm so impatient and trail and error takes a lot of time...
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

przndoom wrote:I don't know why, but I feel like doing the blood should be last, like when all the other detail is blacken and put together...
If you're referring to the fact it's uniform is still green, I was going to make a skin of all the ZSec. I'm saving a version of each one that's done, aside from the main uniform color, so it can translate for player color.
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

that clears it up..lol got it.
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Definately worth the wait for a machinegun marine sprite set. :D

Edit: Comparison shot:
Mr.Green

Post by Mr.Green »

Incredible!!! :surprise:
przndoom

Post by przndoom »

Wow, thats...

I'm.... :wub:

very nice!

fake line up
Copy of general zsec.PNG
Shield, almost done, just need some shading and touch ups...in this i added blood, I don't know if their is blood! lol
The rotations would be easier after I get the front going.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Xim

Post by Xim »

ZSec's are lookin' pretty awesome. I can't wait until this is done =D
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

PrznDoom: I think just a shield, with rotations and some sprites of it hitting the ground (like the Hell Warrior's death sequence) would be good, for now. Then I can put the Machinegun ZSec head on the Pistol ZSec body and someone can put the shield on.

Xim: ZSecs is grammatically incorrect. ZSec means zombified security, so the plural for ZSec is ZSec. Not to mention it's a little... :P

Return to “Resources”