Wolfen

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LilWhiteMouse

Wolfen

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Last edited by LilWhiteMouse on Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lemonzest

Re: Wolfen

Post by Lemonzest »

Glad to see you wanting to fix this, as i've been wanting to play it for ages :)
Risen

Post by Risen »

Make sure it's playable straight through. I tried once and had to give up... I think I was using a newer ZDoom version than intended but I didn't know what to go back to.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

I already have, but as it's my own project, it's pretty easy to overlook and miss things that I normally wouldn't do/try/see/etc..
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Well, you can fix everything you can think of and release a beta version first. Then some suckers testers can give it a run through and note anything anomalous they find.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm not aware of any other issues, but I haven't played it for a while because I knew that it was broken under newer Zdoom versions.

I thought you'd lost the ACS source for the project or something. Did you find it, recreate it, or is my memory simply letting me down?
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Your memory is correct, I had lost it. Ironically, Graf lost the copy I had sent him too. Fortunatly, the love of my life turned out to have a copy of my development version, which seems to work ok.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Now that is where love is more than just nice - convenient too!
David Ferstat

Post by David Ferstat »

LilWhiteMouse wrote:Your memory is correct, I had lost it. Ironically, Graf lost the copy I had sent him too. Fortunatly, the love of my life turned out to have a copy of my development version, which seems to work ok.
From my own purely selfish point of view, I recommend that you hang on to the love of your life, whoever he or she is. He or she has just done us selfish fans of LilWhiteMouse's games an enormous favour. :)
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

In attempt to prevent this thread from turning into a discussion about LWM's lover, are you planning on improving any features of this at all?

For example, the fight at the end where you supposedly transform into a wolf, you could use custom morphing rather than take all the weapons away and give them the wolf hands (I think that's what happens?).

You could also improve a hell of alot of the monsters by making new DECORATE for them, but that depends on if you're just going for a stable release or a full makeover.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

What particular problems did you find with the monsters? I don't remember having any particular issues with them.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

Cutmanmike wrote:are you planning on improving any features of this at all?
I thought about it, but I figure best to leave things alone. It plays fine as is, so no point risking I'll break something.
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

if there is an old copy of the compiled project, perhaps the discussion can be opened up when people can expierence the old problems and offer advice on what they see vs what they remember.
LilWhiteMouse

Post by LilWhiteMouse »

http://home.midmaine.com/~lilwhitemo/wolfen.zip
Fixed the Flame Mask, powerup error, and the lich sprite names. I'm not sure if the library (included!) is the same as the previous version, but my play through didn't have any issues.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

My God. Now I can saee why you're worshipped around here. That was an amazing wad. Epic storyline, awesome special effects and well executed gameplay, plus a lot of custom sprites (from models), clever DeHackEd, DECORATE and ACS usage creates one of the best wads I've ever played. My only complaint is that it is very difficult to find some of the mission important things, such as some of the manabeam switches and other such useful switches... though I imagine part of that is that HeXen's texture set seems to hide it's switches quite well.

Awesome though. Completely awesome.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”