[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
User avatar
comet1337
Posts: 876
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:48 am
Location: elsewhere

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by comet1337 »

VriskaSerket wrote:I hope y'all recognize this fella and his mighty gun, 'cause there's more coming!
Image
Image
RAWKIT LAUNCHA
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

VriskaSerket wrote:I hope y'all recognize this fella and his mighty gun, 'cause there's more coming!
Image
Image
Too bad he ain't got the FN FAL with a grenade launcher, the original tank-riding action badass' armament! Also it's very similar to the concept art of that rifle as well.

But i guess you aimed for the in game rifle sprite, right? Because darn, it does looks similar.
User avatar
Redead-ITA
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:06 am
Location: At the Pizza Tower

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Redead-ITA »

VriskaSerket wrote:I hope y'all recognize this fella and his mighty gun, 'cause there's more coming!
Image
must not say it must not say it
Spoiler:
VriskaSerket wrote: Image
Im already interested in this one i mean there is gonna be a dubsteb gun on worms W.M.D.
but i have a feeling that someone elses is gonna use the gun
User avatar
Slax
... in rememberance ...
Posts: 2121
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:01 am
Location: Window office.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Slax »

VriskaSerket wrote:I'm having too much fun so I'll stop for a while after this.

Regardless, I present you this mess of parts:

The Atomizer
Image


Image
Now also in extra boring gray!
This is quickly growing out of control.

5% screen visibility when?
User avatar
VriskaSerket
Posts: 436
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:44 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Location: 6th Layer of the Abyss

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by VriskaSerket »

Captain J wrote:Too bad he ain't got the FN FAL with a grenade launcher, the original tank-riding action badass' armament! Also it's very similar to the concept art of that rifle as well.
But i guess you aimed for the in game rifle sprite, right? Because darn, it does looks similar.
Actually, the gun is canonically a heavily modified AR-10. I used an FN FAL as the base (yes, I actually photoshopped several 3D models together to make it), but later I made another version using a gun from Metal Gear Solid V (so I basically made the gun twice). I picked that second version for the sprite.
When I made both of 'em I took into account both the in-game sprite and the concept art, so it's kind of a hybrid.
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

A mish-mash between osjc's Quake grenade launchers. (Misspelled his name again, darnit!)

Image
Image
Last edited by Jeimuzu73 on Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

Aww, no grenade passing part when it's fired! :( But hey, looks nice regardless!
VriskaSerket wrote:Actually, the gun is canonically a heavily modified AR-10. I used an FN FAL as the base (yes, I actually photoshopped several 3D models together to make it), but later I made another version using a gun from Metal Gear Solid V (so I basically made the gun twice). I picked that second version for the sprite.
When I made both of 'em I took into account both the in-game sprite and the concept art, so it's kind of a hybrid.
Huh, now that makes sense. I just realized it does looks like FN FAL after the another observation.

Maybe i thought it looked like a big version of Bizon SMG, Because of that grenade launcher. It looks like a bizon magazine to me; it has no clear stripes on the grip.
User avatar
torridgristle
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by torridgristle »

Image

Once I get the lighting consistent in the rotation then I'll have an animation.
User avatar
Mr.Enchanter
Posts: 481
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:22 pm
Location: USA

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Mr.Enchanter »

torridgristle wrote:Image

Once I get the lighting consistent in the rotation then I'll have an animation.
D`16 Armor Pickup?
User avatar
MetallicaSepultura
Posts: 178
Joined: Sun May 15, 2016 3:49 am
Location: Futura City, currently slaughtering Rahzs

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by MetallicaSepultura »

new weapon in progress!
Image
Image

based on the type 100 machine gun:
Image
User avatar
torridgristle
Posts: 684
Joined: Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:34 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by torridgristle »

The curve forward looks a little extreme from this angle. Try cutting it back, or moving the camera forward. It also looks like the end is wider but that could also be the viewing angle.
osjclatchford
Posts: 2058
Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:02 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by osjclatchford »

MJ79 wrote:A mish-mash between ojsc's Quake grenade launchers.

Image
Image
lols... fun!
PoptartNoah
Posts: 3
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:22 am

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by PoptartNoah »

HI this is my first post ;p
anyways here's some golden recolors as a peace offering
Gold_guns.png
Been lurking for a while, I wanna contribute
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

VriskaSerket wrote: Image
Image

The NRG and the CLN. Hard Reset mod confirmed!
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

PoptartNoah wrote:HI this is my first post ;p
anyways here's some golden recolors as a peace offering
Gold_guns.png
Welcome to the priceless thread of the Spriting carnival!

Also they can be the australium weapons as well, because why not?

Return to “General”