[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
RSSwizard

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RSSwizard »

Kinsie wrote:Image
Great suggestions! I've already done the rest of the frames, but I'll see what I can do to integrate this feedback :)
This looks Perfect. The blue light ring could be made a little more intense but thats a matter of taste, works great this way too.

Whether its for a D4 pistol copy or just in general its got the right combo of beef and tech. Even if it was used as a laser pistol, as long as the sound effect had some beef it would work real well. I think its a good candidate for a infinite blaster pistol actually.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

torridgristle wrote:Spent hours and hours figuring out how to do basic things in Blender so that I could follow Minigunner's tutorial. I think it was worth it.
A sassy assault rifle from TimeShift with a bit of colour.
Worth it indeed, also desert pink is one of the military color as well. So it's cool to be pink, i think!
Carbine Dioxide wrote:I found a color scheme I like. :trippy:
Image Image
Yeee, blue is one of my fav color. Especially dark ones.
Seidolon

Post by Seidolon »

HMNuke93 wrote:Hexen fighter variants made ages ago:

the red one is inspired by the Psx game Deathtrap Dungeon.
Those all look amazing, especially the one furthest right. Any chance of finishing them?
Orka

Post by Orka »

Here is a paramutantnotron. The name tells everything. :)
Spoiler:
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

XCOM 2's ADVENT Magnetic Rifle. Futzing about with coloured lights. Once I figure out how to get the green point light (Got it, it's Parent) and maybe some others bound to the model so I can move it all as one unit I should be able to easily whip up some extra frames, this didn't require much cleanup compared to some other stuff I've been working on.
Last edited by torridgristle on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Good luck with that, I'd like to see more of shaded and glowing glory of yours(not much necessary to compliment but still)! :D
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

I don't know how to split the mesh but even if I did it probably wouldn't have a complete magazine so there's a mediocre edit for a magazine in the animation. The lights need to be moved around in the animation so in case that doesn't turn out results here's what exists.
Minigunner

Post by Minigunner »

torridgristle wrote:Spent hours and hours figuring out how to do basic things in Blender so that I could follow Minigunner's tutorial. I think it was worth it.

Yup, you got the idea of it pretty well. Apologies for not detailing the basics, but I'm at least glad the tutorial could be followed.
This may be of help.
torridgristle wrote:The lights need to be moved around in the animation so in case that doesn't turn out results here's what exists.
You can go the the Object Constraints tab (chain icon) for each light and add a "Child of" constraint that sets the weapon model as the parent. The lights will follow the model's transformations. There's also an Influence factor in it that allows you to control how much the model's transformation affects the lights'.
Last edited by Minigunner on Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skelegant
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Skelegant »

Buncha cartoon fuds

I really like spriting cartoony glass bowls lol
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Minigunner wrote:You can go the the Object Constraints tab (chain icon) for each light and add a "Child of" constraint that sets the weapon model as the parent. The lights will follow the model's transformations. There's also an Influence factor in it that allows you to control how much the model's transformation affects the lights'.
Thanks, that's going to make things a bit easier; having lights that followed transformations 1:1 looked a bit static.
Spoiler: Updated XCOM2 ADVENT Magnetic Rifle lighting
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Thanks for extra frames! but why that magazine has to be that short? was it intentional? Also 2nd reloading frame's muzzle seems brighter than other frames'.
adamaH_oriH

Post by adamaH_oriH »

mazmon wrote:Buncha cartoon fuds

I really like spriting cartoony glass bowls lol
by the way, what is the shading, reflecting thing you did to my hiro sprite in paint.net called?
until I find out what it's properly called, I'm calling it 'The Mazmon Treatment'.

OK... Here I go.

Pink Smoothie/Shake, Oranges, White Cake in back in glass bowl, Peppers in glass bowl next to oranges?

Am I right?
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

Please don't ask for reload frames, or at least, all the reload frames Eriance's SSG has to offer. This took long enough.

Redfox123

Post by Redfox123 »

Carbine Dioxide wrote:Please don't ask for reload frames, or at least, all the reload frames Eriance's SSG has to offer. This took long enough.

nice work thogh
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

is it a fancied up SSG, or a double barrel auto shotgun?

Return to “General”