[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
User avatar
adamaH_oriH
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:10 am
Location: Mars Base

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by adamaH_oriH »

image fix from boomstick post:

Image
User avatar
RSSwizard
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RSSwizard »

Credits to chronoteeth and captain J
I made this smg based on his wolfenstein rip.

Needed something to replace the SSG in my personal project that shoots bullets, so this is what I ended up with. Wanted to do an MP5 thing but "why not make it an MP55, because I cant drive 55". Thought about naming it the "STIG-55" or "Stick-55" (rather than Stg-55). Im fully aware that the pickup sprite is missing the scope and needs to be scaled.

Wad format with decorate and graphics attached.
(the third muzzle flash appears randomly)
It replaces the chaingun for convenience.
MP55.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TheRailgunner »

RSSwizard wrote:Credits to chronoteeth and captain J
I made this smg based on his wolfenstein rip.

Needed something to replace the SSG in my personal project that shoots bullets, so this is what I ended up with. Wanted to do an MP5 thing but "why not make it an MP55, because I cant drive 55". Thought about naming it the "STIG-55" or "Stick-55" (rather than Stg-55). Im fully aware that the pickup sprite is missing the scope and needs to be scaled.

Wad format with decorate and graphics attached.
(the third muzzle flash appears randomly)
It replaces the chaingun for convenience.
MP55.png
Image

Here, have a scope.
User avatar
wildweasel
Posts: 21706
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:33 pm
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by wildweasel »

It's worth noting that none of Chronoteeth's Wolf:TNO-inspired weapons are actually ripped from the game. They're all inspired by it.
User avatar
RSSwizard
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RSSwizard »

TheRailgunner wrote: Image
Here, have a scope.
:) oh thats cool, now it looks all swat and everything
wildweasel wrote: It's worth noting that none of Chronoteeth's Wolf:TNO-inspired weapons are actually ripped from the game. They're all inspired by it.
Thats pretty awesome, the holding frames looked close to 3d model quality so I figured they took them and made them doom-ified. But they drew them from scratch? Pretty good stuff.
User avatar
chronoteeth
Posts: 2663
Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:29 pm
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by chronoteeth »

ye its all edits based on the edits captain J did
User avatar
RSSwizard
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RSSwizard »

Doing something with the skulltag railgun. I needed a railgun and didnt have one, so thats kinda hard.

Image
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2768
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Somehow this blue selection reminds me of "Back to Saturn X" Color palette. Great job!
User avatar
RSSwizard
Posts: 237
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:55 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by RSSwizard »

GAA1992 wrote:Somehow this blue selection reminds me of "Back to Saturn X" Color palette. Great job!
Indeed it is, I still use normal zdoom so I always convert to 256, and right now BTSX is what I use all around.
User avatar
Skelegant
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 am
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Skelegant »

adamaH_oriH wrote: WHAT?! HOW?!
Open the sprite sheet in Paint.net, select the background with the magic wand tool, then from the edit menu choose "invert selection". That'll prevent any messy pixels happening outside the sprite. Then use the brush tool on size 1 to add colours, starting with dark and adding lighter colours.
User avatar
Redfox123
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:08 am
Location: out side your window

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Redfox123 »

maybe someone can help make this look better
i suck at weapon rips :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Skelegant
Posts: 1435
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:38 am
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Location: All over the walls and floor of E2M8

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Skelegant »

Just stick it in paint.net or something and slap a lazy "soften portrait" on it, that'll at least make it look 2% more polished lol
Image
User avatar
Captain J
 
 
Posts: 16890
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 am
Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Captain J »

In addition, those white pixels on the outline is killing the sprite's looks. plus, where's that gun came from?
User avatar
Jeimuzu73
Posts: 1661
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm
Location: Dropping today in Station Square.

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

That's the Sturmgewehr 46-T from The Old Blood. You got a handless version of that?
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Posts: 1556
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 pm

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by TheRailgunner »

MJ79 wrote:That's the Sturmgewehr 46-T from The Old Blood. You got a handless version of that?
Seconded - I've always wanted a rip of TNO/TOB's StG-46. I suppose I could just remove the hand and fill in the blanks, but a handless rip is always better.

Return to “General”