[SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kominate

Re: [SPRITES] Spriting Carnival!!

Post by Kominate »

DeeDeeOZ wrote:
Kominate wrote:Hello again
This time i brought a small thing i made when i was trying to make a wolfenstein styled enemy with the blake stone guard sprites. Also made him using the paint 3D feature from MS paint.
man after my own heart. do all my sprite work in ms paint,older version before finishing it up in GIMP. (mostly for transparency)
The attachment GGGtrooper.PNG is no longer available
had to post this after seeing yours. my version of a Eastern front veteran based of Blakestone guy. feel free to use if you want. no credit necessary.

also though to post this if anyone wants it. other BLakestone guard turned into Paratrooper. If used Credit BigDaveHadSomeToo for the FG42 sprite
The attachment paratrooper2.PNG is no longer available
your waffen guys camo is amazing. i just went with dark green for mine, yours looks really,really good. :D

also super new here so if i stuffed this post up somehow please let me know. really want to do things properly
Hey that looks pretty cool, always knew the gun from the blake stone guards was a good base to draw either an PPSH 41 or an MP41 for the guard to use. That paratrooper dude looks awesome too.

Btw, heres the Säuberungssoldaten you saw last time, but on this occasion, he has frontal walking sprites now
Attachments
Säuberungssoldaten.gif
Säuberungssoldaten.gif (13.55 KiB) Viewed 1418 times
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

ImageImage

Pickups for the Savage Jungle Upgrade kit, compared to the originals by Slax - note the T26 barrel and the bayonet. Normal Garands also included for comparison.

EDIT:

ImageImage

As usual, I have no idea what I'm doing with this.

EDIT 2 - Fuck it, all of my Garand-related pickup sprites:

ImageImage

From top: Basic Garand, T26, T20E2, M14, Savage Jungle Carbine Mk.2, T31 Light Rifle/Nishimura One Rifle), M-Zero Garand, Nishimura Seven Battle Rifle, N7 Mk.3 with bayonet
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

that certainly is a lot of guns! do they all have unique practical in game uses or is the amount primarily for the sake of variety? I remember playing something called knee deep in zdoom which by now i suppose is considered old and I felt like I had too many overpowered guns (relative to the opposition) that did the same thing. Which is still preferable to Heretic and having underpowered, if distinctive-looking "guns" that do the same thing.
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

bimshwel wrote:that certainly is a lot of guns! do they all have unique practical in game uses or is the amount primarily for the sake of variety? I remember playing something called knee deep in zdoom which by now i suppose is considered old and I felt like I had too many overpowered guns (relative to the opposition) that did the same thing. Which is still preferable to Heretic and having underpowered, if distinctive-looking "guns" that do the same thing.
More than likely, they'll appear as obtainable upgrades to the basic M1 - apart from simple variety, they'll confer various advantages and potential drawbacks. A few, like the T26, T20E2, and T31, won't be adapted in any form, though they might end up being items required to produce another upgrade - the T26 being required to obtain the Savage Jungle Carbine (double ammo capacity and bayonet melee), the T20E2 being required to obtain the M14 (20-round box mag plus full-auto), or the T31 and M-Zero being required to produce a Nishimura Seven (box mag, higher damage). The N7 Mk. 3 (hyperspace mag, bayonet melee, scope) would be the end of this upgrade path.

If the T26 did become its own weapon, it'd likely have to contend with high projectile bloom. But, yeah, this is primarily for a side project - Mixed Bag, which'll pretty much just be a handful of weapons with a large number of upgrade possibilities (originally derived from an earlier concept).
Last edited by TheRailgunner on Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

oh ah ha, upgrading can be fun.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

I've seen one mod take an interesting way of doing it - X Weapon: Helsturm.

You start with your standard crappy pistol (which is still better than Doom's peashooter, but whatever). As you collect new guns, sometimes there is a chance that a random, upgraded weapon will spawn instead. This is increased by finding those special red supply crates. Upgraded weapons always take priority over, and replace, standard common drops.

Gives a large variety of different weapons and characteristics, which is nice for changing the gameplay, but also means you aren't shifting through like, 5 different weapons per hotkey, all of which are just Assault rifle but with minor changes.
TommyGalano5
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TommyGalano5 »

Gosh its bean so long, but here's more hehehe H.E.C.U
Attachments
Zuper Shout Gan!
Zuper Shout Gan!
Shout Gan!
Shout Gan!
DOOMPiter

Post by DOOMPiter »

Hmm... Alpha guns.
(Credits: iD Software, Whoever the hell made the arms, SuperDave998)
alphagunsremaster.png
Last edited by DOOMPiter on Mon Jun 21, 2021 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
DOOMPiter

Post by DOOMPiter »

DOOMPiter wrote:Hmm... Alpha guns.
(Credits: iD Software, Whoever the hell made the arms, SuperDave998)
[imgur]https://i.imgur.com/vrCbZGt.png[/imgur]
[img] just doesn't even work for me for no good reason.

EDIT: Used attachments instead.
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

evidently you need to use imgur for external imagery now!
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

DOOMPiter wrote:[img] just doesn't even work for me for no good reason.

EDIT: Used attachments instead.
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=60595
bimshwel

Post by bimshwel »

Ah I forgot about that! I don't remember if I even ever tried to use it after getting approved. And it works with gifs! Though still freaks out and gets confused if the gifs are over a certain unspecified size.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in these. super simple burning deaths for Marine/zombieguys, wolf ss, wolf guard and wolf dog.
works pretty well by cycling first 3 frames ABCABAC before collapsing.

no where near as quality as strife burning guy, but i get sick of seeing it all the time. blood guy is even worse as graphics style is pretty different.
skull face is by DoomJedi from Eisenfaust Halloween edition. flames are mostly still from strife guy :? .
Attachments
super simple burning sprites
super simple burning sprites
supersimpleburning.PNG (25.7 KiB) Viewed 972 times
Lagi

Post by Lagi »

TommyGalano5 wrote:Gosh its bean so long, but here's more hehehe H.E.C.U
finally, completely new monsters. Did someone already make a mod with this guys?
ZikShadow

Post by ZikShadow »

I am currently in the process of making several follower addons for Ace's HDest Follower mod to add these guys in. Still gotta do the voice stapling, though. Haven't finished yet on that front.

Return to “General”