ZDoom project ideas you have

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
tsukiyomaru0

Re: ZDoom project ideas you have

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

I noticed this...
Kneed Deep in ZDoom - One Episode
Doom2 Meets ZDoom - One "Episode" (1/3 of maps-ish)
Super Skulltag - Full-ish but forces the usage of its own actors AND ZANDRONUM.

Shame two never saw a full release and one is literally unplayable outside Zandronum (and, in Zandronum, it doesn't work with gameplay mods like D4T)
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

tsukiyomaru0 wrote: (and, in Zandronum, it doesn't work with gameplay mods like D4T)
D4T works on Zandronum, in version 3.0
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

skyrish10 wrote:
tsukiyomaru0 wrote: (and, in Zandronum, it doesn't work with gameplay mods like D4T)
D4T works on Zandronum, in version 3.0
My point is Super Skulltag doesn't accept gameplay mods. And yes, I just tried.
meatjoy

Post by meatjoy »

I have this one idea, it'd have the violence like doom but way different art style and story.
I proto-name I have for it is "The salvation of hate."

That's really it but I just want it to have a feel like a different fps on the zdoom engine.
So far the monster ideas I have are Like kind of a generic soldier like enemy, called the "antibody"
and gathering creatures that carry off civilians you can potentially save if your fast enough, though if they absorb they will turn into grotesque warriors with some parts of the victim on their body.
I would like to make levels that bring back the classic creepy feel, like no jumpscares, just that good old fashioned "this is an eerie level I'm afraid to press on" feel to it,
plenty of fleshwalls and some bio mechanical aesthetic. I'm going to study zdoom for a long, long time now.
The Second

Post by The Second »

Something I've always dreamed of is a first person doom style smup a la panzer dragon, but with danmaku style bullet patterns. Kind of a Panzer Dragon x Touhou x Doom, if you will.

I've even taken a crack at it myself; getting doomguy to zoom around dodging bullets mid air is eay, but I simply lack the maths to create the intricate bullet patterns that would make things interesting.
777Doomer777

Post by 777Doomer777 »

I Always Dreamed If Someone Make A Map The Nostromo Spaceship, Based on Ridley Scott Alien 1979.
And Also Have A Self-Destruct Button And A Timer With Mother Voice Announcement. (Because It's Memorable Moment In The Movie)

Good To Be Play With AVP Doom Mod. :D
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Now i think this is gonna take a lot of patience
But a homestuck based gameplay mod with all the weapons from the web comic
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

Anyone wanna make a Doom mod based off of this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7WCGHirQI

Please don't...
sonic_HD87

Post by sonic_HD87 »

Mecha-Doom. I mean, an original "game" with a doom-esque lore. Just imagine this:

Gate to hell opened on a underground base in the middle of the ocean and demons do their stuff. Years later, Japan/Australia (pick one) is the last country of Earth where humans can rest given the suspicious abscence of demons. While the Icon of Sin (the giant demon of Doom 2, not that John Romero's head) is preparing his final assault on humans and against god, humans find their way on desolated countries and foreign bases to find a weapon capable to deal with demons. (The mecha)

But i was thinking more of an animation on a linedef rather than a fully playable mecha.
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

Idea: A "Survival Horror" take on Doom I and II, where ammo is more limited, monsters have a different behavior and appearance (Example: instead of Former Human we get a zombie that is sluggish and tries to claw you to death, Imps heir their Project Brutality behavior and 64 or Doom 3 appearance, Revenants are fast and can punch you far back, having a bile spit to compensate for the lack of rocket launchers...), maps are altered to look creepier and have Doom 3-sque scares...
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

I feel like that's been done already... except for a few of your monster ideas. This could use some tweaking to implement what you want, and then I think it should work...
tsukiyomaru0

Post by tsukiyomaru0 »

That one if I recall is an OG story plus is more towards horror. What I'm thinking is more in the veins of Resident Evil
DoomKrakken

Post by DoomKrakken »

The "more limited ammo" definitely made me think of Resident Evil 7... ammo was severely restricted there...
Deii

Post by Deii »

This is an odd idea but something I'll try doing in the future: a weapon set based on some of Yoko Kanno's songs, like Stamina Rose, Torukia or what have you. No, not based on the GITS's they appear in, but on the songs themselves.
NachtIntellect

Post by NachtIntellect »

So I know that someone might have possibly already done it, but if you don't remember, the original idea of quake was based on a guy whose name was Quake or something along those lines my memory is actually a little fuzzy on the details, I think the guys at Id software came up with during a certain game of dungeons and dragons who would help out at times, but maybe someone can pull some more things from people who worked on the original Quake in the past and us people at ZDoom can work on a Doom project pertaining the usage of the character/weapons/monsters/maps that Id originally wanted to design for Quake, I believe there was only meant to be swords and stuff and I know what you are thinking "WhiteAce, Hexen, Heretic and other wads already do this" I want to continue on from a design/idea that was already there and build off of it, I am not making a copy wad of iwads/wads that already exist or "WhiteAce, does this mean we'll use a lot of 3D models" No I don't believe we should use 3D models, I believe every weapon/monster in this project should be made in 2D sprite form.

If anyone can pull out any more details about this from the people who worked on Quake at Id software, or would like to help out on this project, please contact me on my skype, I know this is probably going to make me a target for trolls so the safer way to play it is, message me asking me for my skype name, I don't normally give out my skype but this time I am willing to make an exception even for people I've argued with in the past.

Return to “General”