Nash

Re: The WIP Thread

Post by Nash »

mazmon wrote:WOAH DUDE PIZZA
I want that.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

New shots from the improved C1M3 of Blade of Agony of WolfenDoom of Realm667 of Tormentor667 of Internet of Universe
kodi

Post by kodi »

I'm more excited for BoA than I've been for any commercial game in years.
agaures

Post by agaures »

Nice use of fog there.
Those pale green grass sprites seem out of place IMO. Doesn't match the surrounding environment.
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

That paperdoll system can be EXTREMELY USEFUL for multiplayer mods. you'd be able to change weapons, armors, whatever you want, with much less effort than simply making a sprite set. I've wanted to make a medieval multiplayer mod where you can choose armors, weapons, and character builds, but have it reflect in game. with a system like this, its possible. thanks for that!
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

How does that paperdoll system handle network latency?

Also, recent hilarious events involving a certain crowdfunded game have led me to start thinking about how to ZDoom up spaceships that you can get in (using morphs, of course) to fight other spaceships in an overly janky manner, without losing on-foot combat.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Ztar Zitizen
Nash

Post by Nash »

Kinsie wrote:How does that paperdoll system handle network latency?
Because of the prediction on the player camera, you will see your own body either shoot forward or be left behind... this is solved by visibility filtering so that you won't ever see your own body. As far as viewing other players, the sprites' positions update just the same as the native PlayerPawn body. Tested and confirmed with an actual multiplayer session (I enabled the default Doom player sprite and the modular sprites, when I look at other players, the Doom sprite and the modular sprites do not get detached). So there's just a problem with your own camera.

////////////////////

Anyone like thrash metal? Last night I woke up at 4am, walked up to my computer and wrote an entire 6-minute thrash metal song from scratch. My brain is really weird. No vocals yet, but I wrote this entire thing using MIDI in 3 hours-ish. I still have my bedhead and my face is gritty. I shall go take a shower now. https://soundcloud.com/nashmuhandes/eig ... kk-yehhh-2
Blox

Post by Blox »

Nash wrote:Anyone like thrash metal? Last night I woke up at 4am, walked up to my computer and wrote an entire 6-minute thrash metal song from scratch. My brain is really weird. No vocals yet, but I wrote this entire thing using MIDI in 3 hours-ish. I still have my bedhead and my face is gritty. I shall go take a shower now. https://soundcloud.com/nashmuhandes/eig ... kk-yehhh-2
Sounds suspiciously like early Metallica.

Not sure why you would want vocals though, besides for filling up (boring) parts that aren't going anywhere (which is pretty much only 1:42-2:02), it is perfectly fine without.

but really that is one kickass track, i am not one to easily like music tracks
Marrub

Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Arch Linux
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Marrub »

Nash wrote:So there's just a problem with your own camera.
TZK made a smooth camera here that should be fine with network latency: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48386
T_Silverwolf

Post by T_Silverwolf »

Hey, hey.

It's been a while! I've only recently picked up the editor again, but I thought I'd try getting back into practice with something fairly simple. I'm trying to make a setpiece rather than a full map, and I'm still grey boxing, but this is what I've come up with so far.

This is about 3 hours invested, roughly? (Yes, I know I'm slow, I'm trying to improve and I'm having to learn SLADE from scratch :))
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Neat use of those bricks!
Zanieon
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Zanieon »

Very nice, you just need use more A and SHIFT A in GZDB tho, it's not all this hardcore anymore to align textures.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Zanieon wrote:Very nice, you just need use more A and SHIFT A in GZDB tho, it's not all this hardcore anymore to align textures.
I'd imagine that step will come later when the textures are more finalized.
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

Marrub wrote:
Nash wrote:So there's just a problem with your own camera.
TZK made a smooth camera here that should be fine with network latency: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=48386
I should probably release the updated version that uses some new engine features (such as the tid parameter for LineAttack) and is slightly smoother

Return to “Off-Topic”