Hell-Forged (development stopped until Ep.2 release)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Anakin S. wrote:Sounds like "gorgon." Would you be interested in making a gorgon/medusa-like weapon/enemy that turns things to stone?
WOuldn't it be just like an ice-gun? Doom doesnt have the blueish-grey colors that hexen has, so all their Ice death's look like stone anyway.
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Eriance wrote:
Anakin S. wrote:Sounds like "gorgon." Would you be interested in making a gorgon/medusa-like weapon/enemy that turns things to stone?
WOuldn't it be just like an ice-gun? Doom doesnt have the blueish-grey colors that hexen has, so all their Ice death's look like stone anyway.
In OpenGL it looks like ice (no palette restrictions).
skadoomer

Post by skadoomer »

Eriance wrote:the Scourer.
Looks kinda cartoonish. Theres an inconsistency between the wings and the glowing parts of the main unit that keep throwing me off. It just doesn't look properly shaded is all.
WOuldn't it be just like an ice-gun? Doom doesnt have the blueish-grey that hexen has, so all their Ice death's look like stone anyway.
With custom states and scripting, you can have monsters that need to be hit with the weapon for a few seconds before turning to stone. All you have to do is have an inflicted pain state that sets a new translation on the actor that slowly thrns them gray. When the translation has been completed, the monster can be declared 'dead'. Depending what fits your fancy, stone monsters (that are pushable) could make for some nifty puzzles. Think giant chess pieces!
Anakin S.

Post by Anakin S. »

Sound good to me. The problem is what happens when the stone statue blocks your path. Maybe they can take more damage to destroy and don't shatter automatically after a few seconds.
Use3d

Post by Use3d »

Nice work as usual!
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

here is the WIP of the new Archon of Hell i'm working for Demon Eclipse. I didnt wannt use those 9-year old sprites of my old archon dating back to the days of Hellstorm. Plus, this one looks better. Again, it's not finished yet, still got a bunch of stuff to lay ontop.

The legs are half molten magma, i thought it would be better than using only the cheap pasted Hexen flames. The color scheme also fits DE better than the only one (which looks liked a Baron that got tatoos). I'm still trying to decide whether or not I should make the head-horns half molten as well. Hopefully, this will be finish by tonight, as i worked on it for a week now. 2 attack sequences will have to be drawn from scratch as well as the death sequences (gonna explode when dying).
Last edited by Amuscaria on Sat May 05, 2007 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

I think the molten hooves need some more detail. Possibly a yellowish glow, and have red accentuate any edges (like a split in a hoof, or where it meets the rest of his leg).

Of course, you might be doing something else with it, and I'm sure it'll look cool :yup:

Also, I think perhaps using green for its fireballs stands out a little too much. I think orange would match better with his hooves, and probably help balance out the sprite more than making molten horns would. I'm not really liking the idea of molten horns much, though. I think they're plenty awesome as they are :thumb:
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Fantastic, but I agree with Shinjanji about the hooves. They don't look molten to me... they just look like... orange feet.

I don't know about the horns... they seem fine to me. Maybe just have them cracking with bits of lava showing?
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Orange or Red would be pretty killer for the fireballs. Perhaps both, for seperate attacks?

And the horns are perfect as they are. That evil obsidian-black look is perfect (and what made the Vorpal Blade so cool in the first place. :P )

Either way, I have been positively *amazed* by your latest works and stuff! Curse my impatience for the next masterpiece! XD
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

technically, wouldn't an archon already be an archon of hell?
solarsnowfall

Post by solarsnowfall »

Xaser wrote:Orange or Red would be pretty killer for the fireballs.
I think if the hand glows matched the hooves it would add a nice visual touch.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

eliw00d wrote:technically, wouldn't an archon already be an archon of hell?
urh? o.o
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

eliw00d wrote:technically, wouldn't an archon already be an archon of hell?
...Uh...it's ACTOR name is already ArchonofHell...

Eriance: For the ArchonofHell, are you still finishing up the double-handed sprites for it?

If the hand is supposed to glow like the feet, I personally would like green more than red. It can be radiated rather than molten magma (I like the ArchonofHell doing green fireballs rather than red. It suits him more).
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Eriance is just one big awesome sprite-making factory - I hope he never stops !
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Wow! That is awesome, I liked the original ArchonofHell and I like this one too. :3
and for some reason..it makes me think of the Cyberdemon without cybernetics. o_O

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”