ACS feature request

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
mivlad

ACS feature request

Post by mivlad »

It would be very nice if there were an acs command to execute a script for (by?) a given tid. Right now I'll probably have to use a hackish way of having a restarting script ran by each thing needed which checks flags in global variables and do things based on them...
Cyb

Post by Cyb »

uh, just give the thing a special of acs_execute (or executealways) and it'll execute the specified script on the specified map when it dies

other than that I'm not quite sure what you mean
mivlad

Post by mivlad »

I meant to execute a script using a thing as activator without killing it.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

mivlad wrote:I meant to execute a script using a thing as activator without killing it.
Okay, but what for? If the thing has a TID, you can just use functions that act on that specific TID. If it doesn't have a TID, how did you expect to specify it with this new ACS feature? :)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

ThrustThing?

It's totally annoying that this useful special doesn't take a Tid. But then, it's probably easier to change this one special, right?
mivlad

Post by mivlad »

Hmm... Not sure. Can't remember now, but maybe there was some other useful stuff applicable to activator only.

Return to “General”