Android GZDoom detects but can't open PK3 format

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
DoomPlayer95
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Android GZDoom detects but can't open PK3 format

Post by DoomPlayer95 »

Hi everyone
So I was experimenting with PK3s a few days ago and noticed that the so-called Android version of GZDoom can't open
PK3 files (which are technically just ordinary ZIP files with a fancy extension) and keeps crashing without an error.
I attempted tp fix this several times by changing the file extension to .zip, extracting the contents of a file, re-zipping
the created files, and changing the extension back to.pk3 .

The thing is, ZDoom supported PK3s and I'm not sure why a more advanced port can't do the same thing properly.
As said in the Subject part, it is able to detect them as a supported format but will suddenly crash on load and return
to the file selection screen.

PS: The GZDoom version is 2.1 Pre. I know it's too old but I can't use a newer version cause I have a low-end PC.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: Android GZDoom detects but can't open PK3 format

Post by yum13241 »

Because the "GZDoom Android" thingamabob was abandoned ages ago. Most likely a DECORATE error occurred. You're honestly better off with Delta Touch.

As for the old PC thing, maybe try GZDoom with the OpenGLES backend.

Return to “Technical Issues”