Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Major Cooke
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [v5.1.11]

Post by Major Cooke »

Scuba Steve wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:48 pm This mod used to work with the Neural Upscale mod and it would properly scale the double-sized HUD elements to fit the status bar, but now it just shows enlarged textures stretched over the HUD elements.
Perhaps it might be worth reporting as a GZDoom bug then?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Something might have changed in GZDoom v4.11.x. Someone from the coding team might shed some light onto this. Possibly the code of this mod would have to be adjusted.
Can anyone maybe test which is the last GZDoom version that still supports the Neural Upscale mod with this one? My bet would be v4.10.0.
PhoenixCyanFire
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by PhoenixCyanFire »

This is glitched with Wadsmoosh
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

That's a pity, but Wadsmoosh isn't exactly the way the average user is playing Doom. Nor should it be, to be brutally honest. Besides that, at this point, we have to consider this mod to be in maintenance mode, so don't expect new features or any new updates. At least not for the time being. I've lost my coder and without him I can't do pretty much anything.
PhoenixCyanFire
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

Post by PhoenixCyanFire »

You didnt code this mod?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Re: Fullscreen Statusbar Mod [ON HOLD]

Post by NightFright »

As stated in the OP, it started off as an SBARINFO mod by DTDSphere. I picked it up and refined it until I reached the limits of what was possible with that coding format. Later 3saster stepped in and completely rewrote everything from scratch in ZScript. I have little knowledge about it. I'd say about 99% of the mod as it is now was done by him. All I could do were minor adjustments to add minor features or to simply keep it functional after code-breaking new GZDoom releases.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”