Mod that allows to change player’s weapon damage?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
funiddqd

Mod that allows to change player’s weapon damage?

Post by funiddqd »

Hi!

Sometimes me and my friends are creating our own server using Zandronum and just chilling. I was wandering if there is some sort of mod (like WAD file or something) that allows you to increase weapon damage?
I mentioned WAD file because since I’m total noob at creating servers and modding – the only way I know how to “modify” server is by using additional WAD files.

Many thanks in advance for your help.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Mod that allows to change player’s weapon damage?

Post by ramon.dexter »

For zandronum? Good luck ;)
Jarewill

Post by Jarewill »

This is possible using PowerDamage powerups given by an ENTER ACS script.
However the value is not possible to be altered by a CVar, so the file itself will need to be modified each time you want to alter the damage multiplier.

Here's an example wad that doubles damage of all player weapons.
However I don't use Zandronum and don't know how behind it is compared to GZDoom, so whenever this will work or not I can't confirm.
Attachments
Zandro Doubler.wad
(464 Bytes) Downloaded 21 times
funiddqd

Post by funiddqd »

Jarewill wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:03 am This is possible using PowerDamage powerups given by an ENTER ACS script.
However the value is not possible to be altered by a CVar, so the file itself will need to be modified each time you want to alter the damage multiplier.

Here's an example wad that doubles damage of all player weapons.
However I don't use Zandronum and don't know how behind it is compared to GZDoom, so whenever this will work or not I can't confirm.
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you!!!

Return to “General”