[CLOSED] [Request] Vanilla chainsaw pickup sprite animation

Requests go in THIS forum!
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Player701

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[CLOSED] [Request] Vanilla chainsaw pickup sprite animation

Post by Player701 »

I thought something like this might already exist, but I couldn't find anything relevant after searching the forums for some time. In case I've overlooked it, please let me know.

As part of the next release of RRWM, I've been considering a rewrite of the chainsaw code (to call it "spaghetti" would be a major understatement). The problem is not with the code, however, but with the sprites. The chainsaw has a sort of a gimmick that it can be dropped by the player while active, and I'm planning to keep it. But in this case, it'd be ideal to display an animation that actually represents the chainsaw in the "running" state. Right now, however, I only have one sprite for it (CSAWA0 - the same as in vanilla Doom/II). I would be very grateful if someone could edit that and make 2-3 frames of animation to represent the chain of the chainsaw rotating (the more the better, of course, but I guess 2-3 would be quite enough already). Your name and/or nickname (as you wish) will be added to the credits list bundled with the next release of the mod.

Thank you very much.

UPD Dec 02 2023: After all these years, finally I have them all this time, I have finally been able to find someone who would do this for me, so I now mark this as solved.

Return to “Requests”