Flickering textures in Gzdoom

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
enkeli33

Flickering textures in Gzdoom

Post by enkeli33 »

I recorded this issue on the video: https://youtu.be/YDwWrRcSFKQ

Textures are flickering. Doesn't seem to be a common thing, but I see it only rarerly. It occurs in my map I am working on now. It is something specific in the map geometry that causes this? If so, what am I looking for?

It doesn't seem to be a thing when I set Vulkan render.

Gzdoom 4.9.0 (older versions do this too)
GPU: Radeon (TM) RX 480 Graphics (version of driver is the latest - 22.10.2)

Thanks!
Rachael
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Flickering textures in Gzdoom

Post by Rachael »

Moved this to tech issues - AMD rendering bugs are not GZDoom bugs, and it's not that frequently that we can do work-arounds to fix AMD issues.

With AMD you are better off just going Vulkan - even on a RX 480. My secondary computer has a Vega 3 which runs Vulkan just fine.

Return to “Technical Issues”