Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD, for vanilla! (Crucial GZ bugfix posted on Nov 26)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD, for vanilla! (Now also for GZDoom)

Post by Nmn »

I just started playing it and already...
At this particular moment in time I don't believe I have a healthier or more deeply-felt respect for any Doomer in the universe than Sarah =:)
SiFi270

Re: Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD, for vanilla! (Now also for GZDoom)

Post by SiFi270 »

This joke would probably work better if this still didn't work in GZDoom, but...

what do you mean i cant run this with boiled doom wtf grrr
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Nmn wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:10 am I just started playing it and already...
At this particular moment in time I don't believe I have a healthier or more deeply-felt respect for any Doomer in the universe than Sarah =:)
Hey Nmn, it's good to see you! Thanks so much for the kind words, I hope you have fun playing this!
Gidon_147
Preferred Pronouns: Ask Me
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Gidon_147 »

Wow, It's available in Zdoom? Now i can play Knee-Deep in Knee Deep in Zdoom in Zdoom!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I just gave it a try for a few minutes before my launch break and I have to say it‘s already very entertaining how some modern effects have been achieved in Vanilla Doom. Absolutely impressive work!
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

Build 6 has been posted with a crucial bugfix for GZDoom users, fixing an issue where the z1m8 bosses could easily damage themselves while attacking.

Download is at the usual location: https://esselfortium.net/wads/kdikdizd/ ... ikdizd.zip
brenkel
Operating System Version (Optional): windows 10

Re: Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD, for vanilla! (Crucial GZ bugfix posted on Nov 26)

Post by brenkel »

how do i get rid of the message at the start i dont wanna have wrong textures
Valken

Re: Knee-Deep in KDiZD: Released! It's KDiZD, for vanilla! (Crucial GZ bugfix posted on Nov 26)

Post by Valken »

I love these de-re-makes (v-makes? v-remakes? Vanilla remakes?)
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

brenkel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:44 pm how do i get rid of the message at the start i dont wanna have wrong textures
Setting the renderer to 256-color software mode (Doom Software Renderer) will make the warning go away and ensure that the effects and lighting appear properly.

In non-supported renderers, a lot of the lighting will appear to be completely off, which is not intended. Here are some examples of what I mean:

256-color software: (Image)
True-color software with bugged lighting: (Image)

256-color software: (image)
Hardware renderer with missing reflections: (image)
brenkel

Post by brenkel »

esselfortium wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 am
brenkel wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 5:44 pm how do i get rid of the message at the start i dont wanna have wrong textures
Setting the renderer to 256-color software mode (Doom Software Renderer) will make the warning go away and ensure that the effects and lighting appear properly.

In non-supported renderers, a lot of the lighting will appear to be completely off, which is not intended. Here are some examples of what I mean:

how do i turn on the 256 software renderer
esselfortium

Post by esselfortium »

brenkel wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:27 pm
esselfortium wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:34 am

how do i turn on the 256 software renderer
In GZDoom, go to Options -> Display Options -> Render Mode: Doom Software Renderer.
brenkel

Post by brenkel »

thanks but now whenever i use the game shapes ina wierd way when i look up
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

brenkel wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:47 pm thanks but now whenever i use the game shapes ina wierd way when i look up
This is because the software renderer was never intended for the player to be able to look up and down. Best advice for authenticity is to disable mouse look and turn auto aim up to the highest.

Return to “Levels”