Creating a blank map just to show the ending text.

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
Benson

Creating a blank map just to show the ending text.

Post by Benson »

Hello everyone, I'd need your help in stating if what I want to do is possible, and some help in scripting it.

So, there's these two maps. Let's call them MAP A (cluster 1) and MAP B (cluster 2). The normal exit from MAP A leads to the exittext and the Doom2Cast roll.

Its secret exit leads to MAP B. I wanted to have the entertext with a background flat and, when leaving MAP B (and finishing the game)
have the exittext (the same one from when finishing the game through MAP A) show on a different background.

This is not possible with the cluster definitions because there can only be one background for each cluster, and of course Intermissions are no use, since they can only show static images.

So, I thought the best solution would be to just create a "fake" MAP C (cluster 3), an ending map, just to show the entertext (which would just be MAP A normal exit's and MAP B's exittext),
and have it finish immediately after, leading to the Doom2Cast roll.

There's the problem of the "Entering MAP C" screen after MAP B's tally screen... I've found some infos about it on this forum in this thread (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=71695),
but when I try to copy that script into MAP C's script, the only change I noticed is that the par times disappear... xD

Of course, the "entering map" screen should not be shown just going from MAP B to MAP C, leaving alone every other map.

And this "blank map" should also really last just the time to show its entertext. After pressing "use" the screen should melt (of course no tally screen) and automatically lead to the cast roll.

Is that feasible? And if it is, how to achieve it?

Thanks

Return to “Scripting”