Dual-Wielding weapons

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

Inuyasha_989 wrote:Not to mention, having the Original weapons with specially coded new ones would look plain weird...
The original weapons don't have the +DUALWIELD flag, so they couldn't conflict unless someone used the sprites in a +DUALWIELD gun.

Pipe dreams, I guess. I'd love to see this implemented in the future, though.

8-)

EDIT: Cursed to post at the top of the page for eternity!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

killingblair wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:The biggest problem is that the entire game code assumes that the player can only hold one weapon. That alone makes it very non-straightforward to change.
However, if you 'Duel Weild' weapons, that could just count as one weapon, thats right, to trick the .exe into thinking 2 guns = 1 gun. Though I'm not sure how to do this, I'll probably think of a way.

But this is not 'straightforward'. I never said it is impossible to implement dual weapons.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Well, Lemme take a stab at it with just plain ACS and we'll see what we can do from there, because i've been planning on playing around with this concept with ACS and the assignment of a acs_execute special to alt-fire... So gimmie a few days to finish vehicles, and I'll see if i can at least create something like this with ACS....
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

ACS? Why use ACS?

I'm sure some hack can be done with just plain DECORATE weaponry. In order for me to pull it off right however I'll need AltFlash states.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

DoomRater wrote:ACS? Why use ACS?

I'm sure some hack can be done with just plain DECORATE weaponry. In order for me to pull it off right however I'll need AltFlash states.
ACS because of the fact you want to mix and match your weapons right? The concept i'm going to be playing with will enable you to mix any of your decorate weapons with eachother.... Still figuring out all the little minor details to get it all working..
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I see.

I just want to build a weapon where the left and right weapons do not interfere with each other is all. But I need a flash state for the altfire to pull it off.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

DoomRater wrote:I see.

I just want to build a weapon where the left and right weapons do not interfere with each other is all. But I need a flash state for the altfire to pull it off.
Yeah, What I'm trying to pull is 100% real dual weaponry. And the only way to really do that is to well... I'm not telling because i want to do it first :P Expect me to show off some kind of product within the near future.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”