Is There A Way To Manually Trigger An Actor's Action Special

Ask about ACS, DECORATE, ZScript, or any other scripting questions here!

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Before asking on how to use a ZDoom feature, read the ZDoom wiki first. If you still don't understand how to use a feature, then ask here.

Please bear in mind that the people helping you do not automatically know how much you know. You may be asked to upload your project file to look at. Don't be afraid to ask questions about what things mean, but also please be patient with the people trying to help you. (And helpers, please be patient with the person you're trying to help!)
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Is There A Way To Manually Trigger An Actor's Action Special

Post by 22alpha22 »

I have an actor that can switch between several different states and while in a certain state, I would like it to execute it's action special. (Note: I'm talking about map settable, numbered [wiki]Action_specials[/wiki] set in the actor's special and arg fields, I know you can call an ActionSpecial directly from an actor's state but that would not be settable on a per actor basis from a map editor.) I can't find any functions available to ZScript or even ACS for that matter, that will manually trigger an actor's action special. Using Thing_Activate or Thing_Deactivate won't work either as they will mess up how the actor is supposed to work.

Using user variables, I'm trying to set it up so that this actor can have multiple action specials stored and set through the map editor and it will manually execute them in certain states.
Blue Shadow

Re: Is There A Way To Manually Trigger An Actor's Action Spe

Post by Blue Shadow »

There's [wiki]A_CallSpecial[/wiki] (<-- see the bottom of the page)
22alpha22
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Is There A Way To Manually Trigger An Actor's Action Spe

Post by 22alpha22 »

This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much. :thumb:

Return to “Scripting”