INTEL_DEBUG=reemit seems to fix graphical corruption?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

INTEL_DEBUG=reemit seems to fix graphical corruption?

Post by KynikossDragonn »

I don't know if I should be posting this here, sorry if this thread needs to be moved...

I've seen this debug option being mentioned for people having problems using Blender on Intel Graphics but, I tried it with GZDoom and I no longer get the following problem happening anymore:

With INTEL_DEBUG=reemit set, I get non corrupted rendering:

Can anyone else with Intel Graphics older or newer than Skylake test running GZDoom with INTEL_DEBUG=reemit set and tell me if what happens in the screenshot continues to happen? This specific spot in Kinsie's test map will always expose the graphical error.

This does seem to lower performance ever so slightly however, but I'll do some more trial runs of this later tomorrow.

The description for that debug option just says: "mark all state dirty on each draw call"
KynikossDragonn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Void Linux
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: INTEL_DEBUG=reemit seems to fix graphical corruption?

Post by KynikossDragonn »

Just a quick update, I'm on Mesa 22.1.1 now and the problem no longer occurs under Vulkan (1.3.211); but it still continues to be a problem in OpenGL and INTEL_DEBUG=reemit is the only way around it in that case.

Return to “Technical Issues”