[4.7.1] Changing SHADOW via mbf21 codepointers does not work

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Doomy__Doom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[4.7.1] Changing SHADOW via mbf21 codepointers does not work

Post by Doomy__Doom »

I made a custom dehacked monster for my map, which uses A_AddFlags and A_RemoveFlags mbf21 codepointers to change SHADOW and SHOOTABLE flags, making and arch-vile that is only visible and damageable during resurrection animation. During chase loop, it is supposed to be invisible (spectre-blurred) and invulnerable.

On GZD 4.7.1, flipping the SHOOTABLE flag works as expected, but flipping SHADOW doesn't - the monster remains permanently invisible.

Attaching minimal replication scenario map with 1 custom vile and zombiemen to kill/res.

Correct behaviour can be observed on dsda-doom, Woof, Odamex, DelphiDoom. Example video with expected behaviour on dsda-doom (timestamped)
Attachments
MAP01.wad
(4.07 KiB) Downloaded 21 times
Blue Shadow

Re: [4.7.1] Changing SHADOW via mbf21 codepointers does not

Post by Blue Shadow »

The flag is changed successfully, in my tests. It's just that, as far as I know, the SHADOW flag doesn't alter an actor's appearance. It merely makes things targeting the actor with the flag inaccurate.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

This will need extra treatment when used with MBF21. In the original game the flag itself defines the render style as well.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

fixed

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”