Doom Builder 2

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
breakman316
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Doom Builder 2

Post by breakman316 »

Hi. I'm new to this forum. The doom builder 2 website directed me here. On the doom builder tutorials, the very first video, it talks about game configurations. So I reach the point in the video where it says to browse for the doom 2 IWAD. But, unlike in the video, Zdoom, or its respective IWADS, don't appear in my computer folder. Now, I am aware that I am a total noob at computer stuff, but I'm wondering what happened here. I've searched my computer files top to bottom and found no trace of the WAD files shown in the video, yet I downloaded doom builder directly from their website. What went wrong? Are the IWAD files not included in the download? Do I need to find them somewhere else? Is my computer not showing them for some reason (copyright blocking or virus)? Seriously, how does this happen on the very first step?
Enjay

Re: Doom Builder 2

Post by Enjay »

The IWADs do not come with DoomBuilder. They are the main data files for the various Doom-engined games. [wiki]IWAD[/wiki]
breakman316
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by breakman316 »

Where do I get these IWADS?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

The link I posted has a section called obtaining IWADS.

Short version: most of them are part of commercial products and can be bought for not much money via the likes of GoG or Steam. FreeDoom is, as the name implies, free but it is a community derived product with variable quality resources within (still worth getting though).

Also, you mention Doom Builder 2. You might like to know that Ultimate Doom Builder exists. It is a continuation of DB2 (via another continuation) and is more advanced, has much better support for GZDoom and is still actively updated. Its official thread and download links can be found on this forum. ( viewtopic.php?t=66745 )

Return to “Technical Issues”