Hands of Necromancy [Full game released!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Emmanuelexe

Re: Hands of Necromancy [Full game released!]

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Here is a preview of what there will be in this version, the 3rd attack for transformations!

3rd attacks for transformations:

• Swamp Serpent: Poison Gas. He throws a projectile that will create a cloud gas which will damage enemies who get too close.
• Stone Breaker: Falling Stalactites. He throws a projectile that causes stalactites to fall from the ceiling.
• Hell Burner: Fireball nova. Flames erupt from his body out to enemies in all directions.
• Wyvern: Quick Dash. He darts into enemies and pushes them away.

Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hands of Necromancy is now at 8,99$! You can grab it at this price on STEAM and Itch-io!

The release of the version 2.0 is still in the work, the alternatives fires and new attacks for transformations are coming!

Itch io: https://t.co/uOKFRsEXLM

Steam: https://t.co/Wk48asI4BK
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Definitely going to jump back in with the update. Sounds like it takes the game to the next level!
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

HoN 2.0 Beta is out now! Restart Steam if you don't already have access to it!

Default attack key for 3rd morph attack: [F]

If you use GZDoom to play this, please set "gl_particles_style" to 2.

The 2.0 Beta has altfires for the weapons, 3rd attack for transformations and more

You have to use the beta branch of steam to play the beta 2.0
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hands of Necromancy 2.0 Trailer:

Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Hands of Necromancy is now on GOG with a discount of 39%! You can grab the version 2.0 at 5,39$.
Steam and itch io will receive the live update soon.
Version 2.0 adds new stuff like alternatives fire for weapons and 3rd attack for transformations, you will
have 26 various attacks you can use against your enemies!

GOG Link:
https://www.gog.com/fr/game/hands_of_necromancy
Gez

Post by Gez »

Congrats for making it to GOG!
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Thank you! ^^
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

So, its on GOG, i will buy it, i´m not a Steam fan
CandiceJoy
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): Win11, MacOS Ventura
Graphics Processor: Apple M1

Post by CandiceJoy »

Dis game great! 10/10 :D
LeroyGBartholomew
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by LeroyGBartholomew »

Is there any planned linux port of HON or a way to use GZDoom to play it? I purchased the full game but am currently playing the windows version via wine...much better to use a native port.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

LeroyGBartholomew wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:25 pm Is there any planned linux port of HON or a way to use GZDoom to play it? I purchased the full game but am currently playing the windows version via wine...much better to use a native port.
Not sure where you bought it from, but the Steam version has a Linux native build.

Though as I understand, the game should work with a plain GZDoom build too; edit gzdoom.ini and add an IWADSearch.Directories path that points to the directory where HandsOfNecromancy.ipk3, handsofnecromancy.pk3, and the other hon*.pk3 files are.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Sorry I saw this and I guess I was in a rush when I read it because I didn't respond sooner.

GOG's QA team had problems with our Linux build (missing dependencies) so we did not publish one for the initial GOG release. You can download this and combine it with the Windows files to make a proper GOG Linux version of the game, but that's a stopgap to a real solution to the problem. A few of GZDoom's dependencies (most importantly, SDL2) are required in order for it to load, and if you want sound you'll need OpenAL-Soft installed as well. For Ubuntu the packages should be labeled libopenal1 and libsdl2. If I am missing anything sorry, my memory might be a bit spacey. I know Steam installs all the required packages automatically though, because it's part of the install script that it runs on every Linux system. (Admittedly we're a bit spoiled by that, who knew?)

Unfortunately for the GOG release it looks like the only real viable option for a portable installation is an AppImage but that is something I haven't had a chance to look into yet or resolve. A proper Linux release is planned for GOG, though, but I will have to coordinate with their QA team in order to do that.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

Easy Exploration mode available!
The Easy Exploration mode is available on the Beta Branch of the game, you have to choose "Beta" and redownload the game.

Beta Branch option:
https://i.imgur.com/WFnH57A.jpg

What is the Easy Hubs mode?

The "Easy Hubs" mode is made for people who want to spend more their time at shooting,
you have to play a map 1 time (or more if you want explore it again to get items), there is 4 keys per hub (not 6) and each map of the hubs has 1 key to find, once you get the 4 keys, you can come back to the hub last portal and leave the hub.
No more lot of come back to do to finish the hubs.

Transformations items are in the maps where you need them to finish the map.
It's like a linear progression but with a hub where you can choose the order of the maps.

In the "Classic Hubs" mode, its the original game mode, you will have to do some come back in the maps to open the doors who are locked with a key who can be in another map. This mode is for people who want also focus on exploration.
Emmanuelexe

Post by Emmanuelexe »

2.1.0 "Easy Hubs" update

"The "Easy Hubs" mode of Hands of Necromancy is now live! If you want focus less on an exploration hexen-like but something closer to heretic/doom, this mode is for you, in each of the 4 maps of the hubs, you have 1 key to find, once you get all the 4 keys, you go back to the hub to open the exit to the next map!
Progression is more linear in that way except you choose the first maps you want to play in the hubs!"

With 2 new musics! (in map13 and 14)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”