[BLOOD] New sprites (Update 11.2.22)

Enjay

Re: [BLOOD] New sprites (Update 27.12 Ver.1 for Download)

Post by Enjay »

These are looking very nice.

Back to the barrel - the TNT lettering looks very straight but it is meant to be on a curved surface. Should it not be deformed a bit to match the surface curve of the barrel?
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Enjay wrote:These are looking very nice.

Back to the barrel - the TNT lettering looks very straight but it is meant to be on a curved surface. Should it not be deformed a bit to match the surface curve of the barrel?
Yes, you are right. I try deformed letters but in game do not look good. I do not know why. Maybe because original sprite also do not have curved letters. I try many variations but what looked good from a distance did not look good at close range so i made the font smaller. Is a compromise original vs voxel vs new... Font is not my strong point :)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It's certainly difficult to get something like that to look like it is on a curved surface. I'd be struggling to do any better. Unfortunately, it rather stood out to me when I saw the sprite so I thought I'd mention it.
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Enjay wrote:It's certainly difficult to get something like that to look like it is on a curved surface. I'd be struggling to do any better. Unfortunately, it rather stood out to me when I saw the sprite so I thought I'd mention it.
I am also not satisfied everytime with result. In spriting carnival topic is many talented people. Some of their sprites are beautiful.
Last edited by Marcelus on Fri Feb 11, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marcelus

Re: [BLOOD] New sprites (Update 11.2.22)

Post by Marcelus »

Hi All,
I am forget for this tombstone.
This is last tombstone for this game.
Please redownload pack from first post

(Edit)

21:45 - fix for shadows angle
Download link is updated

sorry
tile1159.png
tile1159.png (90.63 KiB) Viewed 2180 times
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Redone toxic barrel for Phredreeke upscale pack. I played yesterday blood after long time and on this barrel is many shapes distorted after upscale. Barrel is complete new. Is resize and dithered. Simple copy paste inside Phredreeke upscale pack on correct place. Inside are two version. Differences are only in used dither.

Download
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UEGKSZ ... sp=sharing

Comparison
Phendreeke pack vs new barrel. 200% zoom

Phredreeke

Post by Phredreeke »

That's very cool. I wish I had the time and energy to work on the upscale packs again.
Marcelus

Post by Marcelus »

Phredreeke wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:24 am That's very cool. I wish I had the time and energy to work on the upscale packs again.
I still haven't finished my doom hd sprites pack . I working on that long time and I am tired from that and sometimes is fine try something different . Now is out new Blood game Marrow and I play it with your pack. Still is it very nice pack and works fine with all my favorite mods (deathwish, frenchmeat, pulp fiction).

Return to “Projects”