The 2022 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

The 2022 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Post by Kinsie »

People like the Cacowards. As one of the judges, I'd like for the rest of the judging panel to get a better look at all the cool stuff posted on ZDF (and also, I'd like to make my own life easier come November!) So, let's imitate the annual Doomworld thread and get your perspective on things!

Here's the deal:
  • If you play something you find particularly fun, beautiful, clever, or mind blowing... mention it!
  • Post the name and author of a project and a link to its download.
  • This thread is merely a place to mention outstanding works of Doom. Keep conversations about projects to a minimum, please!
  • Winners are not chosen by the number of "likes" or the amount of times the project is "nominated" - Judges use the thread to find projects worth playing and decide winners based on personal preferences.
  • Please do not nominate your own project.
  • This thread is NOT necessarily limited to ZDoom-family projects or projects posted on the ZDoom forums, even if that's the focus. If you see something cool for EDGE, Eternity, DelphiDoom et al, or its posted on Doomworld, Itch, etc., feel free to post it!
  • Don't exclusively mention Big Crazy Huge projects! We're also interested in seeing cool, quirky and useful smaller things as part of the Mini-Mod Safari.
  • At the end of each year, there's a grace period to ensure that all releases get fair consideration. In other words, everything released or given a significant update from about mid-November 2021 onwards is up for consideration for the 2022 Cacowards.
Happy Dooming!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Re: The 2022 Cacowards Mentionation Thread

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Just like last year, i'll open this by nominating a few projects that interested me. And i'll make sure to post the links correctly. :lol:

Protocol: Disposable by Loss for Words is right up my alley. When Loss presented it at our server, i loved the theme, the survival aesthetics, the selection of weapons, and the gameplay, which is simple to understand. Loads of fun.

Doom Shinobi by Edy Pagaza is another type of fun. Frantic and fast. Doom Fighters by itself deserved a caco last year, so i hope Doom Shinobi gets more attention.

Relighting Doom by Hey Doomer is probably what many people wanted. I still use Dark Doom because RD stutters a bit in my old machine, but i can see the appeal and it's a technical marvel from my view.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Lost Junker by thugsta

I've been enjoying this one, a great map enhancer/gameplay mod/randomizer. The ambience is great and I love the chaotic nature of it, every time you load up a level it's different.

Dr_Cosmobyte already mentioned Relighting Doom, that is phenomenal stuff.
VicShaver

Post by VicShaver »

Yes, I found a Doom Wad that is worthy of mentionation.

NeoDoom

https://www.wad-archive.com/

Search for: NeoDoomMaps

Download one with file size: 32.03 mb

Play levels 11-16

Awesome levels especially 12.

On level 12 you fight your way to the end of the road when a huge fortress appears.

Inside the fortress is an equally huge sports arena with a soccer stadium inside.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Unless it has stealthily received a major update in 2022, I believe NeoDoom, which dates back from 2006, is a bit too old to be mentioned for a yearly award event.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Gez wrote:Unless it has stealthily received a major update in 2022, I believe NeoDoom, which dates back from 2006, is a bit too old to be mentioned for a yearly award event.
I had Daniel on PM regarding this last year with some updates, but nothing of the sort for 2022.

Not that it would matter, because the Cacowards demand releases starting from November of the previous year till November 2022 of some sorts. NeoDoom as such would never qualify.
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Nominating these bad boys:

Friendly Zombies Brothers Companions [V3] - by TheAgaures

Two highly customizable companions that can be used anywhere, with anything.
They have advanced features that no other companion mods have had up to date. They're also balanced and fair for vanilla play too.

Really good imo!

--

Space Cats Saga v2.4 - by DerTimmy

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=72996

3 Playable Classes each having their own weapon set, 3 large campaigns with truly impressive large environments. Lots of variety and satisfying action gameplay. There are also custom monsters and monster reskins that look pretty gnarly too.

Characters and classes can also be played with any other levels too, so it can be used as a universal gameplay mod as well. I enjoyed it from start to end, it felt cathartic to lay waste upon demon armies with effective futuristic laser weapons in a pure assault-like game experience.
old-daniel

Post by old-daniel »

Good morning. I suggest OmniDoom, a six maps wad in various 3D games style: Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake and Wolfenstein. Released on May 22, 2022. Pics here: https://repo.brdoom.org/posts/cl3d03ff941258mmo2h3325i5
Download here: https://brdoom-repository.s3.sa-east-1. ... niDoom.pk3
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

old-daniel wrote:Good morning. I suggest OmniDoom, a six maps wad in various 3D games style: Rise of the Triad, Heretic, Duke Nukem 3D, Quake and Wolfenstein. Released on May 22, 2022. Pics here: https://repo.brdoom.org/posts/cl3d03ff941258mmo2h3325i5
Download here: https://brdoom-repository.s3.sa-east-1. ... niDoom.pk3
Kinsie wrote:Please do not nominate your own project.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Corrupted Cistern by Chris Lutz of The Chaos Crew
old-daniel

Post by old-daniel »

Kinsie wrote:Please do not nominate your own project.
Ops sorry, didn't realize that.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Kappes Buur »

Elysium's Curse by Brian "Bri" Irving

Return to “General”