THE SPACE PIRATE: First Hunt Demo (Important Update, 04/17/2023)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
acidlemon
Operating System Version (Optional): window 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: THE SPACE PIRATE (First Hunt Demo AVAILABLE NOW!)

Post by acidlemon »

I finished the video,and it's the first time for me to edit a video,so the quality may not so good,and due to most of the viewers are Chinese so it has a lot of Chinese texts(but there's English subtitles and the translation is not so good,and there may have some mistakes),overall this video reflects to those strength and weakness that I found in game so it will be great to fix it.The link is below,also I can't upload it to youtube for some reason
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV13e4y1 ... 33.999.0.0
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

Thank you so much for the review! The slide's momentum issue (not being able to cancel it) and not being able to interrupt reloads are something we're addressing in the next big update. I'm not sure when we'll get to it as we're currently focusing on our animated series Brightly Burning Ether.

I totally forgot that I posted an update on the bugfix release I mentioned back in June. Wow, this year is flying by huh?

From The Space Pirate's (kind of) new Twitter account:

The Second Attack demo is going to be a pretty big update, so we've set up a public Trello board so you can see exactly what's going into it. DrPyspy and I are ultra eager to return to The Space Pirate when we can, so I'll try to keep this thread updated as much as I can as we move closer to a new release. Please continue to report bugs and suggestions, every bit is appreciated!
acidlemon
Operating System Version (Optional): window 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by acidlemon »

I have watched the trailer on Youtube and I wonder what do 星空下的旋律( Melody under the starry sky)means,I think there might have some special meanings,I am looking forward to the reply(if there's anything inappropriate please ignore this post
Cardboard Marty

Re: THE SPACE PIRATE (NEW UPDATE: v0.2, 12/11/2022)

Hello piratesMelody Maniacs! As mentioned previously, here is a new bugfix update for The Space Pirate! This allows TSP to be played on the latest version of GZDoom and has a ton of quality-of-life features!

Click the download button above to grab the mod from itch.io, ModDB, or Google Drive! NOTE: Ensure your copy of GZDoom is up to date.

CHANGELOG
◆ = New feature/major change
◈ = Bugfix
◇ = Misc. change/update/feature

SYSTEM
CUSTOM MONSTERS ARE FULLY OPERATIONAL! Load up and fight against your favorite adversaries such as Malefactors, Legion of Bones, Iron Snail, and more!
UNLIMITED BATTLE MODE: Available in the difficulty selection menu, fight until your last breath with no time limit!
◆ New UI sounds
◆ Changes to SLIPDASH functionality:
↪ Slipdash is now more responsive, with new visual effects (slight view tilt, smoke)
↪ Consecutive slipdashes have lowered momentum
↪ Press crouch again while in the middle of slipdash to cancel out of it
◆ Changes to WALLJUMP trajectory to make consecutive jumps easier, as well as a slight view tilt
◆ Menu and HUD now scale and look better in resolutions that aren't 16:9 or 1280x720 specifically
◆ Bilinear filter added to many graphics for better scalability
◈ Clearing your .ini file is no longer necessary to start TSP
◈ Changed how monsters are spawned to accommodate not only custom maps but also custom monsters
◈ Weapon sprites are no longer drawn over the automap
◈ Fixed melee attacks not using the blood type of the monster
◈ Crouching now works correctly, with tracer heights being changed to reflect player height
◇ Updates to Other Mods Menu menu list including new compatible mod sub-menus.
◇ Changed general verbiage in menus
◇ New menu animations
◇ New quit messages

MEL
MAG SPEAR is now performed by pressing TRAIT + ALTERNATE FIRE while in-air, allowing you to do the STASIS SLAM when off the ground
◆ New Mel voice lines for using MAG GRAPPLE and STASIS SLAM
◆ New sounds for STASIS SLAM being activated/impact
◆ New taunt voice lines added in the rotation
◆ Reloads can be interrupted
◆ Sound cue for Power Bank being activated
◆ New landing sounds
◈ Proper A_Light usage for Mel's weapons

Thank you for your patience! We are still working on the Second Attack demo, with a goal of releasing it early next year. We have also opened a Patreon page with the goal of helping with the development of this project (and our other projects)! Your support is much appreciated!

Please let us know if you find any bugs by reporting here or on our Discord server! Happy hunting!
Yokoreta
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: THE SPACE PIRATE: First Hunt Demo (NEW UPDATE: v0.2, 12/11/2022)

Post by Yokoreta »

LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
chutzcraft
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by chutzcraft »

Hey Marty! I've been keeping my eyes on TSP for some years and I'm loving the new reboot, weapon design and direction. So far, I've been on a hodge-podge mix-and-mash style of gameplay shenanigans, and TSP is so far the only, and solid dystopian-shooter mod out right now. I like the feel of a Perfect Dark Cyberpunk experience and it pairs well with War Trophies, RPGDoomLite and maybe Gun Bonsai if I can get it to running. I personally gutted the Bounty Hunters mode in favor of a sterilized base for stacking other mods on top of the game and I'd like to know:

Any plans in place for a stand-alone gameplay version until Bounty Hunters and other characters arrive? /

Will the weapons from OG TSP make a revamped return? I like the currently selection of weapons but I was hoping for some close-range gunplay with shotguns.
Thanks!
DrPyspy
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows XP Gangster Edition

Post by DrPyspy »

Howdy! I'm not Marty, but I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Unfortunately, Gun Bonsai is currently not compatible due to an oversight in the dummied out shop code. I'd be interested in putting out a hotfix that fixes this! Admittedly, I'm a bit nervous of how it'd potentially interact with the rapid fire upgrade (due to the animation code), but most of the Gun Bonsai upgrades should still work.

The next update was originally going to be an update focusing on new Bounty Hunters stuff, but after seein' a lot of fellas wanting more weapons and to be able to play it as a gameplay mod, we're gonna take time to shift focus to get most of the weapons and essential gameplay features finished, meaning something like:
  • All base weapons functional (some will only have 1 mod implemented, but will otherwise be complete)
  • MORE MELEE ACTION!!!
  • Basic shop system
  • Bounties!
  • A few custom enemies! With the option to swap between TSP enemies and vanilla/monster pack enemies
We do still plan on releasing the next batch of Bounty Hunters stuff (including 2 maps!) but we aren't quite sure whether it'll be at the release of the next big update, or some time afterwards. We're currently swamped with other stuff on our plates, but I hope we can provide some more space-flavored pirate action this year :D
Deon

Post by Deon »

Did you figure out an easy way to run it with other maps? Or did you cut out the code that enables the game mode? I am curious how you ran it with Augur Zenith in walkthrough style.
Cardboard Marty

Deon wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:55 am Did you figure out an easy way to run it with other maps? Or did you cut out the code that enables the game mode? I am curious how you ran it with Augur Zenith in walkthrough style.
You can pull up the console on the starting screen/TITLEMAP and do

Code: Select all

map map01
or whichever map you desire. The game isn't really tested/balanced/anything for this quite yet, but it is doable!
Matt Eldrydge

Post by Matt Eldrydge »

Gave this a quick test and it's really a lot of fun! As some others have already said, I did kinda wish it had better compatibility with standalone mapsets but it's plenty playable based on what I've seen.

EDIT: I almost forgot asking, but is there a way of playing this with other maps as if it were a regular weapon set?
Cardboard Marty

Glad you enjoyed it! I answered your question in the post right above yours, as mentioned above, it isn't balanced/tested for it quite yet.
Cardboard Marty

Re: THE SPACE PIRATE: First Hunt Demo (Important Update, 04/17/2023)

I will no longer be posting updates for TSP here, but you can still catch updates for The Space Pirate on Doomworld, ModDB, itch.io, and Twitter. I'd like to thank everyone on these forums who have been a part of my journey as an artist for over 20 years. As stated in the video, I've made so many lifelong friends thanks to this place. I hope that during my time here I've inspired you guys just as much as you all have inspired me. I make this decision with a heavy heart, and the circumstances surrounding my decision to leave are ultimately much bigger than me. Love you guys. Always stick up for what you believe in.

EDIT: Please don't let this be swept under the rug. Logs are provided in the description of the video. There is no context that makes this defensible. Regardless of whether or not the staff has reversed/unreversed their position, there is no excuse for the disgusting things said behind closed doors. I'm already seeing an attempt to dissuade any further investigation. I've laid it all out here. There is no excuse for saying that abuse victims should "burn for the entrapment", or for the site administrator specifically targeting me for speaking up about this issue.
Captain Ventris

Post by Captain Ventris »

Well, unless something big changes, I’m fucking out of here.
The Toxic Avenger

Post by The Toxic Avenger »

Well, not like I posted much anyway
Eric_

Post by Eric_ »

Words can't express my disappointment with Weasel's handling of this situation. Rachael holds the distinguished title of the most evil person I have ever had the displeasure of knowing, so nothing she does surprises me, but this is not what you singlehandedly carried this community for so many years for. Putting your staff's image over the safety of your users and ignoring the concerns of long-standing friends and other community administrators - I'd hoped if anyone in the staff could still be trusted to know right from wrong it would be you. You let the kids down, and not just the literal ones.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”