[Forum Suggestion] Released Projects Subforum.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Da_maniaC

[Forum Suggestion] Released Projects Subforum.

Post by Da_maniaC »

Hey,

I was wondering....

Though i am a very busy person from time to time i find it hard to keep track of all the doom projects that are actually going on.
And by that i do not even mean just ZDoom projects but other ports/wads as well.

So i was wondering if there could be a "Released Projects" Subforum, where ppl can make a new clean thread announcing the release of their latest project (After they are sure its a final version and most likely have worked that out using a big thread in the editing forum).

This would be a really ordened way to keep track of all the new projects out there imho, especially cause im just confused by all the tons of projects that are actually out there and so by doing something like this i practically dont miss any of it. :D

What do you guys think?
HobbsTiger1

Post by HobbsTiger1 »

Thats pretty good and well the best use of the general forum.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

:) /me approves of this.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Sounds useful, but most of the time a development thread is also the one where the final release is linked from. Also that sounds a bit like duplicating threads. (not exactly, mind)
Da_maniaC

Post by Da_maniaC »

Well ive seen this feature on several forums from several games and other hobbys and i must say its very usefull.

An already excisting thread in the editing forum will not be tracked for simply every project by everyone, so this will give an opportunity to finally announce something.

Thus making a clean thread in a Released Projects forum or so, saying your project is finally finished with a download link and a nother link to the editing forum.

To me thats everything but duplicating threads since not everyone maintains the order of keeping to update the very first post in their Project topic in an ordened manner.
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

This might be good, but we already have the "Released projects for ZDoom" page on the wiki, so shouldn't that be good enough? Possibly a link directly to that page from the ZDoom downloads area might be useful, heh. :P
Talonos

Post by Talonos »

Of course, in a "My project is released" thread, you get feedback and praise. A wiki can't do that.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

You also might quite easily pick up humiliation or idiots. However it is still a good idea. Reviews and the like would be best suited to a new release forum wouldn't they?
ace

Post by ace »

Phobus wrote:You also might quite easily pick up humiliation
And in that case, IMO, people should learn to take some C&C, whether good or not.
or idiots.
Then again, it's hard to take C&C if said C&C is "THIS SUX! MY LEVELS PWN J00!!!!!1111one."
However it is still a good idea. Reviews and the like would be best suited to a new release forum wouldn't they?
Yes they would. And I think it's a good idea to have a section like this as well, despite the fact that there are complete morons who take no time to make constructive comments, praise, and criticizm, I think this could be a good idea.

Then again, having just a plain projects section would be nice too.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

One or the other I'd say. It'd split things up. Though I think Editing covers new releases ATM.
Macil
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Macil »

It would be nice because

A) All the forums seem to be cluttered with something else.

B) I'm annoyed when I go to a thread "Ub3r Project Done" and after I read the first post, everyone is saying "Sounds cool, can't wait til its out" and I'm confused for a minute until I realize the person updated the thread.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

http://forum.drdteam.org/viewforum.php?f=12
:)
come come
fresh victims for the evergrowing world of undead ;)

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”