[Duke3D] Alien World Order (v1.54)

Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: [Duke3D] Alien World Order (v1.3)

Post by Graf Zahl »

Name the file 'engine/engine.def'.
That's a reserved name for mandatory setup in the main game files.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.31 released

Post by NightFright »

With this update, skyboxes should be loaded automatically (worldorder.def is now renamed and moved to engine\engine.def according to Graf's suggestion).

(It seems the new renderer is currently using spherical projections of the 2D tiles instead of any skybox by default, anyway. Not sure how to deactivate that right now.)
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.4 released

Post by NightFright »

Made the installation process even easier by removing the requirement to enter a target directory (only source dir input needed now). As a bonus, you can now optionally choose to use Ness' Prima Arena Uncut to play E5L8 with some additional sections.

Changelog:
> Choosing target dir during installation is no longer necessary
> Added option for patching E5L8 to add cut sections
> DLLs for bspatch.exe removed
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Version 1.41 released

Post by NightFright »

Now you also won't have to make any input for your (Steam) source directory. No file paths to enter at all any more!

With this change, the script is as easy to use as it can possibly get, with just two Y/N choices to make (optional GRP conversion + E5L8 patch) before the conversion process will commence. I do not expect to update the script any further after this.
Graf Zahl

Re: [Duke3D] Alien World Order (v1.41)

Post by Graf Zahl »

How can I use this without a Steam installation now?

Also, please recheck how you make your E5M8 update. There's now some sprites floating around outside the sectors, some do not get properly repositioned.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Uhm... just like before, I guess? It reads the Steam installation directory from the registry now instead of you having to enter it manually.
As for the converted map... gotta check that. Normally I would say it's the fault of the author (Ness) since all I did was to use that map from the Steam workshop and make a diff file from it.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I started the batch, it never asked me for a location but instead terminated with a list of '... not found' errors. It only worked after I manually set the URL in the batch file.

For E5L8, can you PM me the original map? I'd like to compare them myself.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Sent you the file now. I gotta say I have no issues with the conversion on my end at all, neither regarding finding the Steam installation dir nor with converting the map itself. It shows up ingame just fine and I can't see any missing sprites anywhere, also not in Mapster32.

The only way I am getting "file not found" errors is if I don't have World Tour installed on Steam before running the script. But that's normal. Oh, and I made it so that it should read the Steam registry key for both x86 AND x64 systems, so that should not be an issue, either.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The map you sent me looks fine. I have no idea why the generated one was not ok.

Regarding the path, no I do not have it in my Steam folder, but tried to work from that anyway. So can the script work when WT is stored elsewhere?
Gez

Post by Gez »

You could make the script work like before, so input and output paths can still be given, but they're optional and if not provided it tries to autodetect the WT install from Steam.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Oh. That's a case I haven't taken into consideration, actually. The script assumes you have a Steam installation with World Tour installed and it reads that registry key automatically.

Yeah, I guess I can bring back the source/target queries and if just pressing "Enter" it would try to autodetect Steam and/or use the current dir as target. Gimme a while, I will put a test file here shortly.
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Please test this script. Use it with existing v1.41 (overwrite the batch file with this one).
It will allow you to choose your Steam dir (if you don't choose, it will try to autodetect it via registry) and target dir (default: current dir). I also added a termination condition in case World Tour source is not found.

Still wouldn't know what to do about the converted map, though. It ends up just fine for me, regardless how often I try. The only way this might get screwed up is if you are using E5L8.map from the original WT release (before they removed the monsters from the inaccessible sections), but I doubt anybody still has that one and you wouldn't get it if you install TW now, anyway. Latest official E5L8.map has a CRC32 hash of 055C95AF, btw.
Attachments
worldorder_test.zip
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
SunPraiser

Post by SunPraiser »

Came across your script! It'd be awesome if it worked but I'm getting an odd error after pressing Y on copying over DUKE3D.GRP:

Code: Select all

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERROR : Invalid Parameter #5 : "-"

Simple Usage :: ROBOCOPY source destination /MIR

source :: Source Directory (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
        destination :: Destination Dir  (drive:\path or \\server\share\path).
               /MIR :: Mirror a complete directory tree.

For more usage information run ROBOCOPY /?

****  /MIR can DELETE files as well as copy them !
The system cannot find the file specified.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Duke3d.grp copied, Atomic patch applied.

<OPTION 2/2> Apply patch for 'Prima Arena' (E5L8.map) to add cut sections [Y/N]?
NightFright
Spotlight Team

Post by NightFright »

Are you using Windows XP or older by any chance? In that case you would have to download Robocopy manually from somewhere (good luck with that).
Last edited by NightFright on Wed Jun 23, 2021 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SunPraiser

Post by SunPraiser »

Ok I managed to fix it. For some reason %cd% wasn't giving the proper directory (maybe because of spaces in the filename) so I had to put in my raze directory manually.
EDIT: Using Windows 10
EDIT2: So the thing finished, but it isn't showing up in Raze :v
EDIT3: Finally! Turns out the script requires 7z, so I downloaded and installed that and then worldorder showed up in Raze!
Last edited by SunPraiser on Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Projects”