BRUTAL HERETIC RPG (ZDL Edition) v2.2

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Inconspicuousduck

Re: BRUTAL HERETIC RPG (ZDL EDITION) v2.2

Post by Inconspicuousduck »

Overall a really good mod for this underappreciated game.

One bug I found though is that using a weapon's alt fire while the tomb of power is active will cast the powered up primary fire, but uses the extra ammo that the alt fire normally would. A small bug, but would be cool if their were powered up alt fires in the future.
ZDL_800

Re: BRUTAL HERETIC RPG (ZDL EDITION) v2.2

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I'm sure it works as intended using more mana with the Tome of power. Indeed that's a good idea for the update regarding the alt fires.

The VR Edition is one of the best experiences ever, lighting up the dark crypts holding a flame torch in realtime is truly amazing!

Thanks again.
Inconspicuousduck

Re: BRUTAL HERETIC RPG (ZDL Edition) v2.2

Post by Inconspicuousduck »

I also thought that powered up attacks using more mana was intended, but it doesn't seem so, since the mana used depends on what button you press (primary/alt fire)

I didn't explain it that well in text, so here's a short video showing off what I'm experiencing.

https://youtu.be/vF7SLUQrLrQ
ZDL_800

Re: BRUTAL HERETIC RPG (ZDL Edition) v2.2

Post by ZDL_800 »

Hello Inconspicuousduck and thanks for the reply.

I understand now, the video is a perfect demonstration, very much appreciated.

We debugged in COOP to test out the game many times and completely missed this one!

I fixed the lighting system on newer versions of GZDoom so I'm going to work on this, allow me to create some madness! This will be fixed for the next update, seems to play much smoother also with the fixes so that's not too bad.

Thanks again for the information and hope to speak soon.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”