Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Valken

Re: Nash's Gore Mod: Vengeance Edition v1.01 HOTFIX

Post by Valken »

v1.2 looks WAY better now. The real Italian Serial Killer's meat sauce. I'm going to assume it is color compatible with monsters?

The Chex monsters were technically boogers right? It should have GREEN blood like Barons of Hell.
Rowsol

Post by Rowsol »

I've started playing some slaughtermaps with RO and I've noticed that the amount of blood I choose has a huge impact on performance when I blow up hundreds of guys at once with a nuke. The gibs amount has almost no effect on performance comparatively. Unfortunately, now all my non-Xdeath stuff lacks blood.
I would like to formally request the Xdeath related blood to share a slider with the gibs so I can crank the blood without freezing up for 2 seconds whenever I launch the monsters into the stratosphere.
Thanks!
Birb_Hed

Post by Birb_Hed »

The amount of blood that's shown in my game is extremely low even though the blood option is on 255.
BerserkerNoir
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by BerserkerNoir »

Birb_Hed wrote:The amount of blood that's shown in my game is extremely low even though the blood option is on 255.
Maybe you are used to exagerated amounts of blood?
Like BD and its derivated Gore Mods?
Nash

Post by Nash »

The blood amount slider has been reworked and in the next version you can truly crank it to ridiculous levels.
DrR0Ck
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by DrR0Ck »

Thrilled to hear it's still coming along well. Any idea when we might see that new version?
HelloKy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by HelloKy »

Hmm

Tried this out, im on GZDoom g4.5.0, and neither on OpenGL nor Vulkan do I "see" much in the way of this gore mod when playing Ultimate Doom. No gibs are flying out, ne ceiling gore, no pools forming, just a slight enhancement to the smears on the walls and the new sounds are being used and that's about it
Gzdoom Screenshot 2.jpg
The settings are cranked as to the max as I can but not much is really happening

Is this a bug with the currently available 1.01?

(Edit: Forgot to mention it does work for Doom 2, just not Ultimate Doom)

Thank you
Nash

Post by Nash »

What other mods do you have loaded?
HelloKy
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by HelloKy »

Nash wrote:What other mods do you have loaded?
Hi Nash,

None, m'fraid
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Apologies for bumping the thread, but I've been tinkering with my own personal iteration of this mod and wanted to post it here to offer some alternative sound combinations. It's nothing original or new, but I do feel like these sounds fit better. Feel free to ignore this; just know that I appreciate what you're doing and look forward to any updates. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a490n4umnhw8j ... r.pk3?dl=0
Nash

Post by Nash »

Pompous Seed wrote:Apologies for bumping the thread, but I've been tinkering with my own personal iteration of this mod and wanted to post it here to offer some alternative sound combinations. It's nothing original or new, but I do feel like these sounds fit better. Feel free to ignore this; just know that I appreciate what you're doing and look forward to any updates. :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a490n4umnhw8j ... r.pk3?dl=0
I'll check it out soon. Where are the sounds sourced from? If they are 100% free from copyright issues, and if I deem them better replacements to the current ones, I may want to ask if it's possible to include them in the mainline mod.

(I haven't auditioned them yet at the time of this post though, it's just a curiosity for now)
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

Oh yeah, I'll have to get back to you on that. Most of them are from Monolith's "Blood." Others are from your older version of nashgore + Minigunner's mod "Polished Skull." One other sound is from a mod called "Project Ironclad." Like I said, nothing especially interesting, just a personal preference thing.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Ah, those are no-go then. :)
MrJohnny

Post by MrJohnny »

No worries, just keep doing your thing!
Garrett_42

Post by Garrett_42 »

Hello everyone, I have a question about the nashgore mod, namely, is it possible to disable blood and other effects for individual entities(something like a blacklist)? I will be glad of any help.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”