Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 3, 2024]

For high-res texture/sprite projects, sprite-fix patches, music add-ons, music randomizers, and other graphic/sound-only projects.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ESTIERCOL
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated July 2, 2021]

Post by ESTIERCOL »

Tekish wrote:You'd need to convert an existing font into one that works with the alignment algorithm that LevelInfo/AmmoInfo/PlayerInfo use. It's actually kind of a pain in the ass, and I'm not sure why I chose to do it this way. Unfortunately, it's too late to go and do it better, so for now I've converted the small Doom font to work within this system. It isn't a perfect translation - you'll notice I had to take liberties with a few characters to make them fit - but it's good enough. You can toggle it on in the options.
that's amazing! thank you
edit: just tried it, its perfect! thanks so much
Mac720

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated July 2, 2021]

Post by Mac720 »

I believe I've found a bug in playerinfo. When a gun runs out of reserve ammo I receive a message indicating a divide by zero error and playerinfo disappears (except for keys, I think).
Attachments
The message describing the error. Normally, I have playerinfo placed right above the wartrophies lite-hud, on the right side of Doomguy's gun
The message describing the error. Normally, I have playerinfo placed right above the wartrophies lite-hud, on the right side of Doomguy's gun
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated July 6, 2021]

Post by Tekish »

Thanks for reporting this. It has been fixed in the latest version.
Mac720

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated July 6, 2021]

Post by Mac720 »

Just got around to redownloading and trying it out. Thank you so much! I use every one of the simple HUD items and love them all
ClessxAlghazanth

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated August 19, 2021]

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Thanks for these excellent Qol addons ,these have been default in most of my loading lists for some time :)

Minor thought , would it be possible to add an option to change the color/thickness of hitmarkers ?

Best regards
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated September 10, 2021]

Post by Tekish »

I've added options to modify the colors of the hit/kill markers in the latest version. Colorization will alter the way they look a bit (for the worse, I feel), but I don't imagine most people will notice. As for anything that changes the style of the hit markers (like thickness), that all needs to be rendered beforehand and offered as a choice. Right now I don't have plans to add more styles, but I may consider implementing a thinner option down the line if I can get it looking half-decent in the engine.
ClessxAlghazanth

Post by ClessxAlghazanth »

Congrats on the new release :)

My favourite addons got even better !

I love how lightweight and elegant crosshairhp is , blends well into mods like Trailblazer and Doom Incarnate

As a long-time TargetSpy user , I must say CHP fits better whith mods/huds that show a lot on the screen , while I use TS for vanilla / closer to vanilla mods (Final Doomer , Supercharge etc)

Do you have any plans for future updates for simple addons ?

Best regards
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

Thanks. Aside from the aforementioned thin style for HitMarkers and potential bug fixes/minor changes, I don't have any plans for future updates. I feel that the add-ons are pretty complete at this point.
RastaManGames
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by RastaManGames »

My gratitude for having separate "HitMarkers" and "LevelStats" addons!
Great modifications for nice Doom experience.
ileblanc
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ileblanc »

Awesome Add-Ons you made bro. I was looking for something like this for quite a while. I have a question tho, is there any way to configure ammoinfo to show only owned weapons ammo?
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

I'm afraid that isn't an option and I currently have no plans to implement it. Glad you like the add-ons, though.
Doode
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated November 23, 2021]

Post by Doode »

Can I request support for Russian Overkill? I don't really like its native HUD, small and not very informative icons :?
Tekish

Re: Simple HUD Add-ons [Updated February 19, 2022]

Post by Tekish »

I've decided to put this project into maintenance mode. Barring any bug fixes or updates to the currently supported mods, I will not be adding anything further to these add-ons. Today's update was a quick (and ideally final) compatibility pass to fix outstanding issues with some mods.
goldenmob72

Post by goldenmob72 »

For some reason the Hitmarkers won't work w/ the Bow and Arrow, On High Noon Drifter
Please look into this
Tekish

Post by Tekish »

This happens because the damage that the bow does is never caused by you the player - the mod tells enemies to hurt themselves based on certain criteria when an arrow hits. There's nothing I can do with HitMarkers to change this behavior because it's working as intended.

However, I did make a quick patch for High Noon Drifter that changes the way damage is inflicted so HitMarkers can see it. If you want to try it, make sure it's loaded after the mod. I have not tested this extensively and it could cause unforeseen issues, so use at your own risk.
Last edited by Tekish on Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Graphic/Audio Patches”