[Help] How to disable the status bar?

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
OneReloadLeft

[Help] How to disable the status bar?

Post by OneReloadLeft »

So I came back to Zdoom and mostly GZdoom and installed the newest version. What bugs me though is the fact that I can't find the enlarge and shrink button setting for the status bar in the customize controls section - they seem to be gone.
So I looked up the various HUD setting and I can resize and aspect the **** out of the status bar. Yet I can't disable the thing nor can I switch it down so only ammo and health is shown by numbers on the screen side.

Am I missing something. Can you not disable that thing anymore? :shock:
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Re: [Help] How to disable the status bar?

Post by m8f »

It seems that "Options -> Display Options -> Screen size" is what you need. On size 10 it shows the status bar, on size 11 it shows fullscreen HUD, on size 12 it shows no HUD. Note that on size 11 you can also switch between normal fullscreen HUD and alternative fullscreen HUD with "Options -> HUD -> Alternative HUD -> Enable alternative HUD".
OneReloadLeft

Post by OneReloadLeft »

Hey, thank you. Exactly what I was looking for. Sad though that you can't map screensize to a button though. From time to time I like to make the head display viewable for a short amount of time.
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

You can. By default this is bound to "-" and "+" keys, and you can rebind them through console if you want:
bind N sizedown
bind M sizeup

Return to “Technical Issues”