ADD Support for Nocturne in Yellow IWAD (PK3)

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: ADD Support for Nocturne in Yellow IWAD (PK3)

Post by Redneckerz »

Nash wrote:It's already been said that no more games will be added as IWADs to the engine iitself - users are able to create their own IWADs when properly set up via IWADINFO.
Was there a comment inbetween that made you say this?

But with IWADINFO, things are easier to get standalone releases for, indeed.
Nash

Post by Nash »

Source: viewtopic.php?p=1068592#p1068592

Back in the day, IWADINFO wasn't as robust as it is now, which was why games had to be added to the internal IWAD list. IMO, in hindsight, it probably wasn't the smartest thing to add anything other than the officially-sold games into the internal IWAD list...

IIRC Graf also said something about not wanting to expand the internal IWAD list anymore but I can't find the post.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

The last additions to that list were even done against my wishes, namely "Rise Of The Wool Ball" - this one was added right before IWADINFO was made a feature - and I could have done without Delaweare as well. There are two I'd immediately remove if they came with an internal IWADINFO.

Action Doom is semi-supported but I deliberately chose not to do a localization for it and not have its graphics expanded because it's far too complex for that.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Would it be feasible to break those off to an external support loader of some kind and remove their entries from the official distribution?
Nash

Post by Nash »

I'm in favor of cleaning up the unwanted games from the main distribution. Looking at my INI, there's a ton of sections created for IWADs I don't even have on my computer.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions [GZDoom]”