Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Payload4367

Re: [NEW Aliens: Eradication ] -Aliens: The Ultimate Doom Th

Post by Payload4367 »

karry299 wrote:For Alien Ultimate mod, how old does my GZdoom has to be ? The latest GZ runs the mod, but there are LOADS of loading errors and it doesnt quite feel like it works correctly.
Edit: right, in 3.0 it barely works. In 3.7 the flashlight can actually be turned on, but Q key still gives "unknown script" error.
Try using GZDoom 4.4.2. For some reason the flashlight doesn't seem to work with the 64bit v so use the 32bit. Make sure to load the pk3 file first and then the wad file. Hope this helps.
Payload4367

Re: [PROBLEM]No flashlight.

Post by Payload4367 »

dreamworkeraholic wrote:[PROBLEM]No flashlight.
Tried Tried ALIENS ERADICATION RC2 with GZDoom from 3.3.0, ..., to 4.4.2 - flashlight not working, plz help.
Flares work correctly, used OpenGL renderer, dynamic lighting is on.
Most testing was done with GZDoom 4.4.2 (32bit). Load the pk3 file first and then the wad. Don't know why the flashlight doesn't work with the 64bit version. Hope this helps.
Korell

Post by Korell »

I just booted it up in GZDoom 4.5.0 64-bit and the flashlight works fine. In fact, no errors at all.
I'm loading KKALIENTRILOGLYRC2.pk3 and then ALIENSERADICATIONRC2.wad.

The issue I'm having is not knowing what to do. I spoke to the guy on the monitor then went outside to investigate. I found and used a security button which seemed to activate an auto-turret and trigger a few Xenomorph warriors to spawn (and be duly eradicated), then wandered around the rest of the map, killing a few Facehuggers that hatched from eggs, and finding a shotgun. I can see what looks like a colonist icon on the map but no way to get to them. No doors or hatches or tunnels for me to use. It all seems blocked off. I'm sure I must be missing something.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Korell wrote:I just booted it up in GZDoom 4.5.0 64-bit and the flashlight works fine. In fact, no errors at all.
I'm loading KKALIENTRILOGLYRC2.pk3 and then ALIENSERADICATIONRC2.wad.

The issue I'm having is not knowing what to do. I spoke to the guy on the monitor then went outside to investigate. I found and used a security button which seemed to activate an auto-turret and trigger a few Xenomorph warriors to spawn (and be duly eradicated), then wandered around the rest of the map, killing a few Facehuggers that hatched from eggs, and finding a shotgun. I can see what looks like a colonist icon on the map but no way to get to them. No doors or hatches or tunnels for me to use. It all seems blocked off. I'm sure I must be missing something.
The first thing that opens up the map is finding the blue key inside the colony. It is not far from where the colonist starts. Don't forget you can break windows to gain access to some areas and if you have found the shotgun, then you can break open vent covers for more access.

I recommend getting the latest update as well (quite a few changes and improvements): https://www.moddb.com/mods/aliens-eradi ... new-update

Thanks for playing and providing feedback/info.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Didn't know there had been an update. Just downloaded it to try it out. Still works fine in GZDoom 4.5.0 64-bit, with no errors and a working flashlight, loading ALIENS_ERADICATION_TC.pk3 and then ERADICATION_MAPSET.wad.

Anyway, what happened with the view bobbing? It now feels as if I'm bouncing up and down when I walk. I'm sure it wasn't this pronounced in RC2.

Thanks for the hint about the shotgun allowing you to access areas. Not found any windows to break but I was able to get past that door at the Colonist start area by shooting those crates in front of the gap beneath it.
Payload4367

Post by Payload4367 »

Korell wrote:Didn't know there had been an update. Just downloaded it to try it out. Still works fine in GZDoom 4.5.0 64-bit, with no errors and a working flashlight, loading ALIENS_ERADICATION_TC.pk3 and then ERADICATION_MAPSET.wad.

Anyway, what happened with the view bobbing? It now feels as if I'm bouncing up and down when I walk. I'm sure it wasn't this pronounced in RC2.

Thanks for the hint about the shotgun allowing you to access areas. Not found any windows to break but I was able to get past that door at the Colonist start area by shooting those crates in front of the gap beneath it.
Hmmm, that's weird. No edits to view bob were ever made to the mod. Check it in the regular game options just in case it reverted to default or something. I usually just turn it off. Glad to help anytime.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Did you change the player speeds at all? Only a slower walking speed would make the bobbing feel more noticeable. Anyway, I dropped the bobbing option a few notches and now it feels like it did before. Just finished the first level.
Kontra Kommando

Post by Kontra Kommando »

https://www.questzdoom.com/recommended.html

I am finally going to be able to play Alien: Eradication on my brand new Oculus Quest 2. It is on the top recommended mods for it, awesome!
Valken

Post by Valken »

I am using a poor man's vr setup over a mobile phone and yes, it works ok for GZDoom but I hate the nearly SQUARE aspect ratio. Is the Quest the same? Half Wide Screens per eye?

GZDoom in VR is amazing with the right setup.
Kontra Kommando

Valken wrote:I am using a poor man's vr setup over a mobile phone and yes, it works ok for GZDoom but I hate the nearly SQUARE aspect ratio. Is the Quest the same? Half Wide Screens per eye?

GZDoom in VR is amazing with the right setup.
I am not sure, but I am using Questzdoom.

Dare I say, Alien: Eradication is a better VR experience than I had with Alien: Isolation, for the fact that it didn't make me feel motion sickness.
Kontra Kommando

I recall from some random video I saw, that someone made voxel versions of the pulse rifle for VR. I would really love to have that mod.

I was playing some of my old mods with it. Friday the 13th: Jason's Doom is really scary, but impossible to beat. Jason will kill you in less than 2 mins.
Kontra Kommando

Nice! Someone uploaded Aliens: TC 2017 in VR. I can't wait to try that one out too:

This is whole VR experience is revitalizing my interest in Doom, again. But more as a player, than a content creator.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Many congratulations for your great work, outstanding!!! I'm discovering a lot of goodies around here!
Btw I think I have some problems, I'm using GZdoom 0.4.5 I get some missing textures as in the screenshot here
Spoiler:
Also I have to select manually the map trough console from eradication wad otherwise in main menu it appears just doom episodes, wich are still great to play with this mod!!!

My load order is: gzdoom -iwad doom.wad -file ALIENS_ERADICATION_TC.pk3 ERADICATION_MAPSET.wad

EDIT: sorry.. I solved using freedoom wad!
Happens almost everytime I encounter a problem to solve it just after have asked for help :roll:
Valken

Post by Valken »

I have a bug to report. If I load this mod with doom_complete, the sky is wrong in the introduction map and some actors are missing? The Red diamond with the ! shows up. But even with Doom 1 wad, a couple of textures would show up missing. I notice this with GZDoom 4.6 beta builds.
Colerx

Post by Colerx »

Valken wrote:I have a bug to report.

I had similar issues explained in the post just right above yours :), try to use freedoom wad instead

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”