ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

NeuralStunner wrote:So a scoring system sounds like fun! But GZScoreDoom is behaving poorly on my system. I don't think it likes my INI. :(

For simplicity's sake I copied my ZDoom-User.ini into ScoreDoom's directory (which I gave it all to itself). Running the first time, the colors of all the game fonts are garbled. (But not the menu pointers and such.) Attempting to run a second time gives me a VFE.

If I replace the INI with a fresh copy of ZDoom-User.ini, the cycle begins again. And deleting the INI and letting ScoreDoom make a new one results in fine screen fonts, but still the VFE on second run.

(Also, the absence of "Force Aspect Ratio" in Options -> Set Video Mode is bothering me.)
A VFE? Yes you should be running its own ini. I didnt change any of the menus from gzdoom 1.0.0.29, besides adding a new scoredoom sub-menu.
I do realise that newer ati drivers have had problems with gzdoom, which will effect gzscoredoom.
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I'm using an nVidia 8400, Driver v196.21.

It's all very odd. Fresh INI fixes the graphic issue but it still crashes the second time. Maybe I should feed it a fresh ZDoom INI, run it, then compare the two and see what CVars change.

Out of curiosity, what version of GZDoom is it based from?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

NeuralStunner wrote:I'm using an nVidia 8400, Driver v196.21.

It's all very odd. Fresh INI fixes the graphic issue but it still crashes the second time. Maybe I should feed it a fresh ZDoom INI, run it, then compare the two and see what CVars change.

Out of curiosity, what version of GZDoom is it based from?

I'll take a look if the same procedure works for me. I have never noticed this before. I have done multiple patches to the *ahem* final version of gzscoredoom. So also download the latest from scoredoom.com and try it with that.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

BilboHicks wrote:1.0.29.
Yikes. I guessed as much. That version of GZDoom most likely wouldn't run for me, either.
BilboHicks wrote:I'll take a look if the same procedure works for me. I have never noticed this before. I have done multiple patches to the *ahem* final version of gzscoredoom. So also download the latest from scoredoom.com and try it with that.
2.8v2r3c? That's what I'm running. :|
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

NeuralStunner wrote:
BilboHicks wrote:1.0.29.
Yikes. I guessed as much. That version of GZDoom most likely wouldn't run for me, either.

I dont have the very latest ati drivers, but it seems to work fine for me. I also tried wiping the .ini and playing twice.

When you wipe the .ini and start the second time, could you please PM me the resultant .ini? I will take a closer look.
NeuralStunner

Post by NeuralStunner »

Sure thing. PMing now.

Edit: Well, after letting SD make its own INI, I booted up today and it's working fine. So I just copied over the relevant stuff from my parent INI. :)

I figured out the odd text colors too: For some odd reason, it doesn't like the customized text colors which I usually autoload.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Post by BilboHicks »

Hello.
Even though I have quit proper development on ScoreDoom, I decided to create a 2.9 version specifically for new add-on pack content. Its exactly the same pretty much as 2.8r4, except for its newer Add-on Pack support. Therefore it's not online hi score leader board compatible-> use 2.8 for that.
Just uploaded a 'beta' version for anyone to try, before I declare it a full release.

grab from http://www.scoredoom.com

Its probably best if I just do a dump of the readme:

ScoreDoom 2.9 Beta Release Notes

ScoreDoom 2.9 was released to accommodate new Add-on Pack content, like new custom monsters. 2.9 is
targeted at players who like playing with the add-on pack and dont mind using local hi scoring.
2.9 may be periodically updated to add new custom monsters.

2.9 releases are not meant (a.t.m.) to be compatible with the 'official' ScoreDoom online hi-score
server. For online hi scoring, grab the last version of ScoreDoom 2.8 from
http://www.scoredoom.com

Scoredoom 2.9 archives will come with an updated add-on pack in the 'skins' sub-directory with
new & updated content.

Changes from 2.8
-Nearly 30 new monsters, many from the realm667.com beastiary and the Realm667.com 2010 competition.
-Terrorsphere duration is toned down a lot, since it is a very powerful powerup.
-Nearly all Archvile variants can now raise monsters.
-Hellroses are gone, so now 100% monsters should always be achievable.

Beta Feedback
-Looking to get feedback on the new content (sounds too loud/irritatig, monsters too hard etc.).
-Are sprite & sound clashes
-Bugs: i.e. levels unfinishable (typically MAP07, E1M8,E2M8 etc.), etc.

Return to “Game Engines”