ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Doom64hunter

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by Doom64hunter »

It always happens with the Zsec. Dunno if any other zombie also does it, but this one is for sure.

Yet another, minor thing: The gibs that the mutated zombie and the bunny spawn have messed up colours aka. wrong palette it seems.

Scoredoom also works great for heretic and hexen. 8-)
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

I have a 2.8 final release candidate here for you to try, which should fix all the issues you found:
http://www.filefront.com/15596853/gzsco ... 2BETA2.rar

it has the exe, pk3 & add-on pack. Feel free to try it and let me know if you see anything fishy. Its not compatible with the hi score server (of course).

Additionally I've added +100 bonus points each for 100% monsters killed, secrets found, items picked up and barrels exploded at the end of level for a potential total of 400 bonus points. btw: Some levels like Doom2 map 15 you cant get all secrets.

Also it fixes the pointsbunny bug which forced total monsters >100% for a level.

oh yeah, and that Zsec-pointsbunny problem is fixed. Dont ask., I have no clue, I just removed some extraneous DECORATE with it and it seems ok now.

----
A bug Im particularly looking for is with the add-on pack, that 100% monsters can be completed ok always.

Thanks!
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

What's still bugging me about the Cerebus is that one of his heads is already down when he's active, even at full health. (normally, one of his heads dies when he's down to 50% of his health)

I'm sorry, but fighting Cerebus when one of his heads is already down sounds too silly for my liking.

Edit: That nagging thing about Cerebus aside, I haven't found any bugs yet.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:What's still bugging me about the Cerebus is that one of his heads is already down when he's active, even at full health. (normally, one of his heads dies when he's down to 50% of his health)

I'm sorry, but fighting Cerebus when one of his heads is already down sounds too silly for my liking.

Edit: That nagging thing about Cerebus aside, I haven't found any bugs yet.
fixed.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Ahh yeah there is one nasty little bug that i forgot to mention a while back.
When fighting hades spheres, sometimes they fade in and out of existance.
Occasionally one will try to materialize on you then it disappears for good. While reltaivley rare,
when they replace lost souls and this happens, it doesnt count as a kill and you cannot achieve 100%
kills for that level.
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

Well, with the addition of the barrel counter, there comes a shitload of new bugs:

-Okay first off, it doesn't work. No matter how much barrels I destroy, it's pretty much random how much % you get. Does the game identify every obstacle in the level as barrel? :roll:
-Second the intermission screen doesn't do the usual animation anymore.
-And third, this is really serious and weird, because now, the new weapons with altfire aren't bound to the usual keys anymore. That means, that you can't select any weapon with altfire (chaingun to bfg). They still spawn normally though. Idkfa shows, that the keys are bound to the original weapons again. How did that happen?

SInce when does the tesla coil replace the burning barrel?

Edit : PLUS Levels that for some reason get 100% barrels, and don't contain any also get 100 point bonus, unlike you said earlier.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

There is another beta to try: http://www.filefront.com/15597665/gzsco ... beta3.rar/

Its better, but it still has problems. But Im thinking Im close. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I made a change to the weapon decorate code in the pk3. I will revert this for the weapon fixes.
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

This time I got the kill bonus, the secrets bonus and the barrel bonus.
Intermission screen said : Kills 100%, Items 100%, Secrets 100%, Barrels 50%

Why did I get the barrel bonus, but not the item bonus?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Doom64hunter wrote:This time I got the kill bonus, the secrets bonus and the barrel bonus.
Intermission screen said : Kills 100%, Items 100%, Secrets 100%, Barrels 50%

Why did I get the barrel bonus, but not the item bonus?
I think its due to the fact that I have the messages overlapping, due to me rushing and copy and pasting. I will have an update tonight or tomorrow night.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Ok, here is hopefully the final beta:
http://www.filefront.com/15605361/gzsco ... 2beta4.rar

Fixes the criss-crossed 100% bonus messages, the barrel count acting srewy, the weapons are working again (sorry dljosef, I had to revert it back, so weapon mods are not properly supported).
I am curious as to when on UV, MAP23 of Doom2 with the addon-pack only gives 98% when kill monsters is used. I'm not going to sweat it, as long as everyone who plays it fairly cant get 100% :P
Also, the lack of statistics progression on intermission screens was deliberate on my behalf.

Finally tesla coils and swarms are set to replace buning barrels 25% of the time. If you guys dont like the idea, I'll take them out, since Im sort of mixed about it.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I'm fine with the weapons being reverted back, since I would only prefer playing individual pwads that replace the shotgun and ssg with faster variants anyway.

For the tesla coil and swarm thing however, since I don't see burning barrels alot in the megawads I play, that's not really a big issue for me.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

The telsa coils and the swarms are perfectly fine with me. I like it since they arent terribly common and you can see
a few of the new enemies that way. Also for maybe the hanging torsos, how does a possible hangman replacment sound?
So far aside from the hades sphere thing, havent encountered too much else so far that i can think of.
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

I found yet another parasite... the repeater zombie.

Now with this one, it only crashes when he didn't cool down the repeater yet, which means that the repeater sound still plays while he is a bunny.
This could mean, that any monster, which has such a warm up stage, could potentially crash the game when killed while morphed.
I think I'm going to check every single zombie for such a crash now.

I have nothing against the tesla coil and the swarm. The hangman replacement sounds good too. I was only surprised because they weren't mentioned in the list of monsters.

Edit : I got 100% kills on map 23. All works well.
Didn't you say earlier that the cerberus now has both heads active?
Two more bugs: It seems like that the swarm spawns with the burning barrel, not instead of.
The Spirit Imp seems to have it's sprite missing, there only appear some pixels on the floor and the grey skull things.
Last edited by Doom64hunter on Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Doom64hunter wrote:I found yet another parasite... the repeater zombie.

Now with this one, it only crashes when he didn't cool down the repeater yet, which means that the repeater sound still plays while he is a bunny.
This could mean, that any monster, which has such a warm up stage, could potentially crash the game when killed while morphed.
I think I'm going to check every single zombie for such a crash now.
Its something to do with the A_TakeInventory/A_GiveInventory calls used in the the decorate to create extra states. The Zsec had this too, which I had to edit.
I really appreciate you going through all the zombies. I notice that its when you kill the bunny that the game crashes. So I will also see whats going on with the morph code there. Hopefully it will be a quick patch to solve these rather than wholesale decorate edits, since I imagine not just zombies use the inventory states in their decorate.

@NovaDragon: Good Idea about the hangman. Been wondering how to use him.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Yeah the spirit imp has always had that problem for ages. I know its nothing with the coding or
anything its actually something with the sourceports not eing able to display it properly.
This happens in any zdoom / gzdoom version and skulltag as well. I saw them once accuratly
portraid but cant remember which port or wad did that. Maybe pm tormentor or gastly?
I think one of those two made the monster and in the monster forums when it was alive,
there was a solution on how to fix it.

The hells battery has a wierd glitch which sometimes after you knock out his hp, he slowly
walks in a last ditch effort. Othertimes he does not but this i think is from the ceiling height
in certain levels being a little lower so he collapses. Then if you shoot his body on the ground
it appears to stand up fall down and explode. Just looks weird but nothing ground breaking.

I did see the hell warrior have his famous glitch only once though. When he walks you cant hurt him
as if his sheild was up but it wasnt. This only happened once and it was when he was fighting something
and i turned my back to him. When i turned around to kill him he was invincible until he used his sheild
fireball attack. I wish i could remember more for you and im gonna say dont worry about it for now unless
it happens more often.

Return to “Game Engines”