ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NovaDragon

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by NovaDragon »

Yeah now that Ive played this more i have to agree on somewhat nerfing the chiller.
I was playing through Memento Mori and both times i was killed were by them.
If anything at least radically reduce the splash damage as that's what took out
nearly 100 hp. Otherwise so far i haven't really encountered anything else.
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

Something else I found:

The Sprites of the Wendigo boss randomly turn into recolored imp sprites for no apparent reason. When it gets hurt or fires a projectile it turns normal again.
Is it supposed to do this ?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Doom64hunter wrote:Something else I found:

The Sprites of the Wendigo boss randomly turn into recolored imp sprites for no apparent reason. When it gets hurt or fires a projectile it turns normal again.
Is it supposed to do this ?
No, sprite naming collision. Will fix this.
Chiller is already toned down a bit.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Ok, guys (particularly Doom64Hunter :D ),
see if you can get the boss chains to split or misbehave with this beta:

http://www.filefront.com/15585795/gzsco ... v2beta.rar

The fix is that if the boss cant spawn in, it teleports back to the original position of the original boss that started the chain.
So for E1M8, it will be @ one of the Baron-Shacks. A flag is set to telefrag anything, including players.

Thanks for the help. (BTW: On E1M8, just lure the bosses right to one of the corners of the pentagram and kill it.)

I havent been able to cause any odd behaviour with this fix yet.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I tested that beta, and the boss chain worked fine.

I'll continue through the rest of Hell Revealed and I'll find out some more bugs if there are any along the way.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:I tested that beta, and the boss chain worked fine.

I'll continue through the rest of Hell Revealed and I'll find out some more bugs if there are any along the way.
cheers dljosef. Im thinking that fix is good to go myself. I'm working through the other minor (mostly add-on pack) problems. Though GreenHerring over @ Doomworld came up with a very good idea which I'm finishing up: Having end of level bonus points for all monsters killed, all items, all secrets and all barrels killed (my idea). So the end of level screens will have a barrels killed % :P
Levels which do not have any barrels, secrets etc... will obviously not award this, even though zdoom counts 0/0 as 100%.
I'm thinking of awarding like 100 points for each. This may give a bit more incentive to kill barrels and grab items at least. I also fixed doom64hunter's pointsbunny bug to go with this.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

BilboHicks wrote:
dljosef wrote:I tested that beta, and the boss chain worked fine.

cheers dljosef. Im thinking that fix is good to go myself. I'm working through the other minor (mostly add-on pack) problems. Though GreenHerring over @ Doomworld came up with a very good idea which I'm finishing up: Having end of level bonus points for all monsters killed, all items, all secrets and all barrels killed (my idea). So the end of level screens will have a barrels killed % :P
Levels which do not have any barrels, secrets etc... will obviously not award this, even though zdoom counts 0/0 as 100%.
I'm thinking of awarding like 100 points for each. This may give a bit more incentive to kill barrels and grab items at least. I also fixed doom64hunter's pointsbunny bug to go with this.
That sounds like a wonderful idea. Oh, and cheers for fixing that points bunny bug.

Edit: Will that mean the high scores have to be reset?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Got the end of level 100% completed bonus points stuff done, as well as all the other tweaks & fixes.
Cerebus has been buffed up a bit, but since is a fatso replacement, I'm not making it a big boss, even though it was one in blood. Tchernobog is 'just' a high level baron replacement, so Cerebus will be a high level fatso replacement. I may make it an arachno replacment as well.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I'll be looking forward to that buffed-up version of Cerebus (I didn't expect him to be big boss, though, so it's all good)

Btw, are the high scores gonna remain intact?
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:I'll be looking forward to that buffed-up version of Cerebus (I didn't expect him to be big boss, though, so it's all good)

Btw, are the high scores gonna remain intact?
Hmmn, I dont see why not, but wads with boss-rushes I may clear, due to the previous boss splitting bug.

btw: here is a fixed gzscoredoom.pk3 to test with some weapons mods. Let me know if this still causes crashes with them
http://www.filefront.com/15588701/gzsco ... ponfix.rar

I'm not going to sweat it too much with this bug, since Im pretty much happy with the base weapons like I've mentioned before.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

My only complaint on the cyber boss rush that I found was that the Cyberbot spawns a little late after Hammerhound bites it. Other than that, the boss rush is working fine.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Yeah ive been playing that as well and just as you mentioned, i think like one or 2 of the cyber classes
spawn a little late but to me this isnt a big deal considering. I honestly cannot find any other bugs at the
moment so i think we all did a pretty good deal in erraticating everything that was bugged. Still be searching
incase a hidden one lurks. I gotta admit i love the boss rush, tried it for the first time today and all i can say is
insanity!!
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

Yeah, bunnies work now. I tried to kill about 15 of them at once and no crash
Well no, still crashes. I really don't know why, but again it were the zombiemen...
Also, The kills thing is reversed now. It showed 102% to me after i killed the bunnies, does that have any effect on the bonus?

So I booted up that dreaded Cat and Mouse level and pushed the boss into the pit in the middle. After that cycloid boss (forgot the name) the next one spawned where the cyber originally started.
Works great too.

Three more things: In any boss level, not only can you go through all enemies, you can also go through any obstacle you want (Trees, Impaled Bodies etc.) Enemies thus fall down ledges.( Not quite sure about that)
Don't forget to remove the morph blocker from these levels too.
And finally, about the evil doomguy, he can be quite an annoyance in early levels, but thats ok. Only thing I'd suggest is to make him randomly drop a weapon from chainsaw to plasma gun.

Second Edit: I found the Parasite! It is.... (drumroll)......The ZSec Zombie! :o
Now it's your turn to see what's wrong with him...
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Awesome guys, as always, I really appreciate the feedback.
@dljosef: did that pk3 work ok with weapon mods?

@doom64hunter: Hmmn, thought I fixed the bunny monster count problem, will look into this. So ZSec is causing the points bunny problems eh?
I have no idea at the moment why, will have to take a look at it's DECORATE. Could you just tell me and save me some time? lol.
Thanks for the other tidbits.

I'm definitely close to a proper final release thanks to the beta testing. credits will be given.

EDIT: Ok, took a quick look at the Zsec, nothing jumps out at me.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

Oh, the pk3 worked fine with the weapon mod I tested, Xaser's overpowered weapons. (I'm not much of a weapon mod person.)

I'll be looking forward to that release.

Return to “Game Engines”