ScoreDoom 2.9Beta Release

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
dljosef

Re: ScoreDoom 2.7v2 Release

Post by dljosef »

BilboHicks wrote:
well, it is doable! http://www.youtube.com/user/blob1024#p/ ... Xcf4UQxlP8

:D
Ok... doing all that with the add-on pack (which I apologize for not mentioning it, btw) is gonna be much more difficult.
BilboHicks

Re: ScoreDoom 2.7v2 Release

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:
BilboHicks wrote:
well, it is doable! http://www.youtube.com/user/blob1024#p/ ... Xcf4UQxlP8

:D
Ok... doing all that with the add-on pack (which I apologize for not mentioning it, btw) is gonna be much more difficult.
From a pistol start I would agree (though it depends on how lucky you are with artifact drops). It is probably hard from a non-pistol start, but it should be if you are playing on UV. I'm not going worry too much about it, since I expected that some maps are not going to have as fair a par time as others, since my calculations will never be detailed enough for all cases.

Version 2.8 is now out. This add-on pack will be the last one 'officially' supported by the scoredoom hi score server, and this will be the final version of Scoredoom. I will fix any minor sound/sprite conflicts though in the add-on pack. Also 2.8 hi score server files to follow shortly.

Features:
*Ton of new monsters.
* the terrorsphere has been toned down from 1 minute to 30 secs.
* the smartbomb now forces radius damage on bosses, so it can harm bosses better and no-radius damage flagged monsters.
* There is a Former UAC Scientist monster, which occasionally shows up and will drop UAC data you can pick up for +250, +500 & +1000 bonus points. They sort of take off like the points bunny, but nearly so frenetic!
* The Boss Rushs have been improved, so that spawned in bosses dont sometimes split into two. New bosses have been added and more extra monsters spawn in as well.
*Bug fix for the rocketlauncher no auto-aiming for primary fire. Other bug fixes.

Im anticipating some content conflicts post-release, so keep me updated on conflicting sprites & sounds, but I dont think there will be many problems. I plan to purge the 2.7 and earlier add-on pack hi scores. If anyone has an issue with that, let me know. I would of liked to of transferred hi scores to 2.8, but the add-on pack differences are too great. At least 2.8 will be the 'official' add-on pack version from now on. :)

Download from usual: http://www.scoredoom.com
dljosef

Re: ScoreDoom 2.8 Release

Post by dljosef »

I found a rather large problem I found with the Baphomet: Whenever he teleports, he doesn't move. (meaning he'll reappear in place.)
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:I found a rather large problem I found with the Baphomet: Whenever he teleports, he doesn't move. (meaning he'll reappear in place.)
Yeah, this version is different... he is not meant to be teleporting, since Im not really able to achieve that w.o. ACS. I used his teleport animations to warn about his super-attack.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

So if Baphomet can't teleport into the main part of the map in levels where cyberdemons are in those little box rooms outside said main maps, (meaning if he's in one of said rooms) 100% kills is literally impossible without cheating as he can't move into the main map when he's not visible.

Edit: On the flipside, in map 18 of Hell Revealed 1, he's right near your starting point. Since he can't teleport, he's pretty much a sitting duck there, provided that I survive that initial super attack, as after that he is absolutely unable to retaliate.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

Thanks for the prompt feedback.
dljosef wrote:So if Baphomet can't teleport into the main part of the map in levels where cyberdemons are in those little box rooms outside said main maps, (meaning if he's in one of said rooms) 100% kills is literally impossible without cheating as he can't move into the main map when he's not visible.
This version of baphomet is always going into spawn into maps as a sort of icon of sin variant cyber replacement.
dljosef wrote: Edit: On the flipside, in map 18 of Hell Revealed 1, he's right near your starting point. Since he can't teleport, he's pretty much a sitting duck there, provided that I survive that initial super attack, as after that he is absolutely unable to retaliate.
lol, Yes, this needs a minor fix. I slowed the super-attack projectiles down a little and that worked. Though I may just randomize whether he attacks or not when he initially sees you.
NovaDragon

Post by NovaDragon »

Sweet im really liking this!!
I havent done too much extensive testing yet but i will because were getting the second all-out
blizzard in less than 5 days. Ive seen alot of the monsters that were in heiarchy of chaos and
im liking the new additions alot. The only gripe so far (still have alot of playing to do) is the pyrodemon
has its ear raping sounds again but with all the new stuff added i can see why!

Gonna go mess around with this some more, havent seen any of the new cyb replacments yet (havent got that lucky)
but im eager to do so!
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

NovaDragon wrote:Sweet im really liking this!!
I havent done too much extensive testing yet but i will because were getting the second all-out
blizzard in less than 5 days. Ive seen alot of the monsters that were in heiarchy of chaos and
im liking the new additions alot. The only gripe so far (still have alot of playing to do) is the pyrodemon
has its ear raping sounds again but with all the new stuff added i can see why!

Gonna go mess around with this some more, havent seen any of the new cyb replacments yet (havent got that lucky)
but im eager to do so!
yeah, I'm off work today due to the blizzard myself. Duly noted about the pyro conflict.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

What I meant to say was that in map18 of HR, due to Baphomet's height and the starting room's relative size (it's tall enough to fit a cyberdemon, he's totally unable to attack again even after that first attack, that and since he can't teleport around, he's pretty much screwed if he's spawned in spots like that. On the flipside, the player can also be cheated out of 100% kills if he spawns in those monster rooms from where they teleport in (like in HR map23's red key room, for instance.) since he won't enter the main part of the map from there.

That's my only gripe with this edition so far.

Edit: When I get around to playing again, I'll send you some screenshots of those two instances.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

dljosef wrote:What I meant to say was that in map18 of HR, due to Baphomet's height and the starting room's relative size (it's tall enough to fit a cyberdemon, he's totally unable to attack again even after that first attack, that and since he can't teleport around, he's pretty much screwed if he's spawned in spots like that. On the flipside, the player can also be cheated out of 100% kills if he spawns in those monster rooms from where they teleport in (like in HR map23's red key room, for instance.) since he won't enter the main part of the map from there.

That's my only gripe with this edition so far.

Edit: When I get around to playing again, I'll send you some screenshots of those two instances.
I put in a fix so that monster replacements with larger dimensions than the replacee will be refitted, so he shouldnt be stuck. So I take it that its due baphomet not being able actually move then? Obv. I havent played these maps before, so thanks for the help.

EDIT: Got it, sort of had a brain fart there. I had this problem with the hell-roses when they used to replace arachnos. Some map07s which require the monsters to move to teleport in could never be completed. *doh*.
Well, it looks like Baphomet will only show up in Boss-Rushes then. Luckily I coded up a version of the spawn-cube for ultimate doom wads. Thanks for the info again.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

No problem. I'll be taking on Hell Revealed 1 yet again in a little bit and I'll maybe find something else wrong with the new additions along the way.

Edit: So far, I made it to Map13. Now here's what I thought of a few of the other newest monsters.

Vile King: Thanks to being vulnerable to splash damage, I'm good to go against him if I have a rocket launcher. Otherwise, he lives up to his name.

Cerebus: He could've been tougher with both of his heads up. I know it may sound like nitpicking, but I find it a little too weird that when he sees me, he's already on his last legs. (one of his heads is already down)

Hunter Cyberdemon (AKA Cyberbot): He certainly lived up to his description in the manual. (then again, my first time meeting this guy in Map11 of HR, I was lucky I got the terrorsphere and quad damage before I fought him.)
Doom64hunter

Post by Doom64hunter »

I really like this mod, makes me enjoy blasting through hordes of monsters again. :D

I encountered some bugs though:

- This one is much more serious: Whenever I try to kill a large group of bunnies, the game occasionally freezes.
Now, this mostly happens when I transform Zombiemen, because obviously, thats the best way to get points. Best way to test this is to go to map 19 of doom 2, there is a secret room full of zombies there.
-Did anyone ever notice that when you transform a monster into a bunny, the bunny counts as a monster too? This prevents you from getting 100% kills if the bunny transforms back.
-While you are complaining about baphomet being unable to move, what about the hell rose? This one spawns far more inside those inaccessible teleporter rooms, and if there are more demons inside the same room, most of them will get blocked because this damn plant is in the way.
-If any of the chain-endbosses stand near a wall when getting killed, nearly every single boss that follows instantly gets killed by the wall, preventing you to get points. This also is or was, where the boss cloning happened the most.

Also, why is the chiller demon a pinky replacement, when he is as healthy and much deadlier than a cacodemon? To add on top of that, Projectiles go through him.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

@Doom64hunter -

Here's what I thought about those bugs

1. I didn't use the bunny morpher thing all that often, so I rarely encountered that bug.
2. Ok, I admit that tends to be very annoying seeing how bunnies are really hard to hit without the rocket launcher.
3. I also had a beef with those hell roses myself for that reason. Heck, I've been wanting them removed.
4. That "multiple chain endboss death by wall" thing I didn't encounter so much.

About the chiller demon, you forgot to mention that his projectiles can kill you quickly if you stand too close to a wall because they have splash damage.
BilboHicks

Post by BilboHicks »

awesome, thanks for the feedback guys.
With regards to the points bunnies, you mean when many die at once? How many approximately?

Hell Roses: I have made the regular hell rose brambles much easier now, 5 health vs 25 health. I will make them non-solid for other creatures to pass through, since I want to keep them, especially the hell spawner.

Chain-Bosses: Wall deaths may be unpreventable. As long as they dont split.

I'll take another look at the chiller.
dljosef

Post by dljosef »

I think Doom64hunter meant about 15 or so bunnies die at once.

Since the snow is keeping me from heading to school today, I'll see how much further I can make it in HR 1 today.

Return to “Game Engines”