A (somewhat) quick concept using the sprite sheet; proper Jumpsuit (aka Maintenance, Engineer, etc) Worker zombies, to theoretically replace osj's attempt using the lower quality Wolfenstein ones.ShallowB wrote: ↑Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:37 pm The zombie apocalypse is going well!
The zombie marine is complete, so even though ammo is still scarce, it should now be possible to at least finish most maps by rationing resources and hunting down and scavenging supplies from zombie marines.
Two variants in the spoiler, one with the zombieman crew cut, and one baldy like the shotgun guy.
I'm translating them with ["112:120=128:143", "121:127=236:239"] for the zombieman and ["112:120=104:111", "121:127=5:8"] for the shotgunner, but you can obviously do whatever you want with these. No XDeaths because I'm just reusing the vanilla ones, and the attacks only have 4 rotations because I got tired of this sheet, but there is an alt death because variety is fun!
Spoiler:Credit to Solmyr and Metal_Spaghetti for the melee marines. Probably OSJCLatford as well? I don't remember for sure, but I've been tinkering with his possessed sprites a lot, as you can see, so there's probably some of them in there too.
General art design ideas:
- Replacement of the olive military belt with a more standard normal brown belt
- removal of knee pads
- boots are recoloured black
- player coloured jumpsuit for ez translation
- shrinking + blending of former armour pauldrons, extension of sleeves, replacement of breastplate with zipper (basically make it look less like marine armor and LOOK like jumpsuits)
- a "weapon template" variant so artists can edit their own weapons over the sprites easily (hammers, wrenches, etc) rather than just one or two static sprite sets
probably won't finish it (too much work for my ADHD, and bigger, better fish to fry) [yes that means I am aware of the funny lighting on the left arm] so do with this concept what you will (will YOU be the one to add actually fitting doom civilian zombies?)
Original size here: https://i.imgur.com/gsJkx6r.png