DRD Team Dev builds (restored)

Game Engines like EDGE, LZDoom, QZDoom, ECWolf, and others, go in this forum
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Project Shadowcat
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: DRD Team SVN builds

Post by Project Shadowcat »

Ceeb (and Wills' custom title) wrote:full suck
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I keep reading this as "skull fuck." WHY, Gods, WHY?! D:
Gez

Post by Gez »

Project Dark Fox wrote:
Ceeb (and Wills' custom title) wrote:full suck
I'm sorry, I'm sorry, but I keep reading this as "skull fuck." WHY, Gods, WHY?! D:
Because you've been on the Internet for too long.

I think "skills are full suck" comes from that angry Russian kid that wants to use the Heresiarch's most annoying abilities on Doom 2 monsters.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Enjay wrote:Let's face it, there has to be 820 more GZdoom revisions and 8752 more GZdoom revisions before the extra digit causes a problem anyway. Millennium bug anyone? ;)
It's exactly that kind of cavalier attitude that led to all the problems we, er.... didn't experience on Jan 1st, 2000! :P

(I'm still laughing at everyone who unplugged their toaster and had a stock of guns and food just in case the machines decided to take over the world*, ROFL)

* Yes, I actually knew people who did this
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

It was a bit of an anticlimax wasn't it. Plenty of computer "experts" made their money auditing machines for companies to ensure that they were "Y2K Compliant" though. :lol: I wonder what they actually did?

Oh, and BTW, on topic, I have just uploaded a build of r1242 but be advised that it seems to play OK but there is a crash dialogue generated whenever I quit Zdoom. I've reported the bug so, unless you want to try and track down what's wrong there, I'd stick with r1240.

[edit] Graf has just said that the problem is fixed so I'll upload a fixed build just as soon as it gets committed and I snag a copy. [/edit]
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

r1242 is seriously broken. Better remove it if you can.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

OK, it's gone.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Update your SVN versions!
I wrote:All builds older than September 18th have been removed from the archive. This means that if you are using an old SVN version, developers no longer have access to the MAP files and you will need to download a newer version. (The crash would need to be tested in a new version, anyway. It might already be fixed)

As a general policy, no file will be kept on the archive if it is more than 2 weeks old, unless it is the latest version.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I was wondering if you might be able to set up a program to automatically prune revisions older than a fortnight unless, of course, it is the most recent one.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Ooops, sorry, misread your post the first time I posted.

No, I am not planning on making such a program. It is not needed, since removing old builds is not essential, it's more to tidy up the listing and also free up some space, and also to limit the availability of obsolete versions.

If anyone DOES want an old version, just give me a version number and I can download it from the SVN directly, and recompile it. Just be aware, absolutely NO SUPPORT is going to be offered for it, and posting any bugs or issues about it will generally be frowned upon.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

The domain has been changed. This is old news for some of you, but others of you may need to update your posts and sites. (I've looked through a few site logs, it's pretty easy to tell who you are)

The current address is http://svn.drdteam.org/ - if you use the drd-team (with the dash), you won't get any support from me when it stops working!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Experimental builds have been added. Now, you can test changes to the ZDoom code before the change is ever actually made. Right now, this will mostly revolve around code submissions, but occasionally 3rd party code might be posted and compiled as well. If you have any new code you would like to see posted on this site, please post about it here.

I think this makes it more likely for some feature suggestions to be added, because it makes it much easier to weed out more useless ones, and the ones that stand the test of time and popularity (and of course stability) will be recognized easier by the developers.

For more information, well, there's really too many places to look. For now, start here. :)
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

(Taken from: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=4126)

Like Experimental Builds, Community Builds are made to test new features of (G)ZDoom before they ever get put into the main source tree. The main difference, however, is that community builds aim to be a conglomeration of features, and every build is made to be backwards compatible with itself.

It should be noted, however, that Community Builds are much buggier than the unmodified SVN versions of the source port on which they're based. There will be issues in these builds that do not exist in the main ZDoom trunk - please use the right bug report forum for these.

Community builds always have a "diff" patch uploaded along with their Windows compile, 1) to allow POSIX OS users to compile their own, and 2) to allow the community to reuse the code in other projects, providing they follow appropriate license agreements.

They can be found here: http://svn.drdteam.org/community/
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Any chance of a WA/DOS version of the latest SVN build of ACC?

If not, how easy/hard is it to compile it myself from the windows version? (what tools are needed etc.)
Gez

Post by Gez »

No idea. Ask Randy, he's the one who made wadauthor-compliant builds...
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

You need DJGPP. Or if you feel like it, Watcom would probably work too if you set it up right.

Return to “Game Engines”