The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

If it's not ZDoom, it goes here.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: The Still New What Did You Last Do Thread

Post by yum13241 »

LMAO!

I just beat MAP10: Refueling Base with Boiled Doom, pistol start. You know what would have been useful? A super fscking shotgunl

Any experienced Linux user will know why I censored the f word that way...
Nash

Post by Nash »

I will be on Chinese New Year holidays until 24th January 2023 and will be generally unreachable/unresponsive. If it's not about business, or something super-duper-ultra-urgent, go touch grass or something. I'm sure it can wait. Cheers and stay safe.
yum13241
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Have a great time!

I just last made a quick 'n dirty barrel mod. Was surprisingly complex compared to what I originally thought it out to be. That's how all mods end up sooner or later :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

Hahaha
20 character minimum for new passwords. Bullshit.
Glad to know my zdoom forums account has more security now than my actual credit card and bank account.
Oh I've also done some painting I guess.
Spoiler:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Vostyok wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 am Glad to know my zdoom forums account has more security now than my actual credit card and bank account.
You don't know how worried this makes me. Then again, since banks are corporations, I suppose I shouldn't ever be surprised.
Vostyok wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 am Oh I've also done some painting I guess.
Spoiler:
Looks beautiful!
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

scalliano wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:57 am UPDATE!

PSU arrived today, and the FrankenPC is now up and running. Obviously pretty barebones at this point, but the plan now is that this will be my workstation for the forseeable once I install some storage media other than the single 1TB NVME that it's currently running on. Should keep me going until the new gaming rig shows up.

Now, if I can just suss out how to disable that bloody RGB...
Glad you got something sorted. With what happened, did your hard drives still survive? Something I usually worry about on my end.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Rachael wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:21 am You don't know how worried this makes me. Then again, since banks are corporations, I suppose I shouldn't ever be surprised.
Looks beautiful!
Don't worry, there isn't actually much in there.
Otherwise the taxman gets it :p

And thank you! xxx
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Vostyok wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:18 am Oh I've also done some painting I guess.
I'm still painting as if it is the 1980s.
Digging the color scheme, I'm currently running Escher so I'm also probably biased.
I managed to mostly catch up my painting during Covid lockdowns.
Highest percent painted my stuff will most likely ever get, but my scenery has never progressed past the 80's
Spoiler:
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Yo that's an awesome collection. I've got about 2500pts of Old-Cadians that are sitting on my shelf as well but I'm building up the courage to get started on them. Assembling them all at once has given me an unforeseen psychological block, now that I've seen how much fucking work I have ahead of me.

Also
I'm currently running Escher so I'm also probably based.
fixed that for you.
DeeDeeOZ

Post by DeeDeeOZ »

Vostyok wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:43 pm building up the courage to get started on them. Assembling them all at once has given me an unforeseen psychological block, now that I've seen how much fucking work I have ahead of me.
Yeah, I hear this. Whole bunch of my necromunda stuff is original and it only took me 20+ years and a global pandemic to get it painted. Most of my stuff is painted assembly line and super basic now (time poor, I have a crappy hand, burnout is a very real possibility) so being able to get 10+ done in one sitting means there is an actual chance of reaching the finish line.
AlphaEnt
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by AlphaEnt »

A little something i've been working on the past week

Dual deagles

Dual autoshot
NeuralStunner

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

I met the love of my life. =:)
scalliano

Post by scalliano »

salahmander2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 am Glad you got something sorted. With what happened, did your hard drives still survive? Something I usually worry about on my end.
Funny that you should mention that. They did... until today.

I had been using the original hard drives connected via USB docking bays with no issues until this morning when one of them came up as corrupted and unreadable. One CHKDSK cycle later and endless faffing with Security setting in order to be able to get into the bloody thing again and I discovered that CHKDSK had deleted around 80% of the files on the disk. Most of the critical stuff is backed up - music/modding folders and the like - but my active GZDoom install with all of those wads, all my emulator setups (except RA), a bunch of homebrew fangames I'll never be able to get again because they've been DMCAnned, all of it, gone.

Someone hates me.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

scalliano wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 2:39 pm
salahmander2 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:35 am Glad you got something sorted. With what happened, did your hard drives still survive? Something I usually worry about on my end.
Funny that you should mention that. They did... until today.

I had been using the original hard drives connected via USB docking bays with no issues until this morning when one of them came up as corrupted and unreadable. One CHKDSK cycle later and endless faffing with Security setting in order to be able to get into the bloody thing again and I discovered that CHKDSK had deleted around 80% of the files on the disk. Most of the critical stuff is backed up - music/modding folders and the like - but my active GZDoom install with all of those wads, all my emulator setups (except RA), a bunch of homebrew fangames I'll never be able to get again because they've been DMCAnned, all of it, gone.

Someone hates me.
Ohhhh lord, that's quite a blow. At least you backed up TOPII though along with your music. But still, what a hell of a blow.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Took extra time to make this hence a tiny bit of hiatus, sorry

Anyways I found Clodsire and Tinkaton adorable so here ya go!

Return to “Off-Topic”