gzdoom.ini folder

Need help running G/Q/ZDoom/ECWolf/Zandronum/3DGE/EDuke32/Raze? Did your computer break? Ask here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Contrary to popular belief, we are not all-knowing-all-seeing magical beings!

If you want help you're going to have to provide lots of info. Like what is your hardware, what is your operating system, what version of GZDoom/LZDoom/whatever you're using, what mods you're loading, how you're loading it, what you've already tried for fixing the problem, and anything else that is even remotely relevant to the problem.

We can't magically figure out what it is if you're going to be vague, and if we feel like you're just wasting our time with guessing games we will act like that's what you're really doing and won't help you.
combolynch
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

gzdoom.ini folder

Post by combolynch »

This is not a bug report but why gzdoom.ini is moved to an single location in gzdoom 4.9.0? I mean I understand savegame folder but please, in the next update: Wouldn't it be possible to move gzdoom.ini back to gzdoom's folder. I am using separate gzdooms for specific Total Conversions and Mods that have complex keybindings (like Hideous Destructor, The False Angel, Brutal DooM, PB 3.0 etc.). But now, even if I create 15 thousand gzdoom profiles, they will use the same settings :(
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: gzdoom.ini folder

Post by Rachael »

Use gzdoom_portable.ini instead, it will let you package it with that particular gzdoom install - or use "-config <configname.ini" in the startup batch script.
combolynch
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: gzdoom.ini folder

Post by combolynch »

Rachael wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:24 pm Use gzdoom_portable.ini instead, it will let you package it with that particular gzdoom install - or use "-config <configname.ini" in the startup batch script.
Thank you very much. I started to create ini profiles now. Besides, it will also save some space since it's one file than a whole source port...

Return to “Technical Issues”